Posts: 39 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ USA & UK
I wanted to say that the design of this forum is great.

MeeGo forum, not so much
that **** is ******* ugly - true story.

I wish they would make the forum for Meego a little more asthetically pleasing, whoever did Maemo.org did a great job - honestly i think i would rather post in maemo.org even if maemo were to officially die and MeeGo was the new standard just because i like the design.

Anyone else feel this way ?

I guess it's about creating a platform for customers to feel comfortable and integrated with a product, to then become loyal and gain high customer retention rates...
[I give mameo forum a 9/10 and meego a 4/10..]

Last edited by ccarter; 2010-09-11 at 05:42. Reason: people were going ape $h^t

The Following User Says Thank You to ccarter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
couldn't you just put in community subforum and and forum or something in title, cause this stupid "[not what you think..]" or "must see" or other idiotic tags starting to get on mine nervs, yeah i know i'm not that friendly right now, but why everyone just thinks that he has to post a meaningless post on forum, making btw it more like trash, with some stupid "discovery" or anything. you don't like meego forums, post it there, or maybe u just didn't get used to it, that's all.
and believe me
I guess it's about creating a platform for customers to feel comfortable and integrated with a product, to then become loyal and gain high customer retention rates...
[I give mameo forum a 9/10 and meego a 4/10..]
wouldn't make any difference to Nokia, if you expect them to read it and just run to change the desing of site cause you said that. damn people what's wrong with you

wow - relax, what is wrong with you ?

can you see how many posts i've done ?
did you figure out i'm just getting started here?

you could ask me to move it nicely or delete or whatever, and i would've.

i made a valid point in the 'general' section of this forum, where people talk about things - you knew that right ?

[moderator, if this is in the wrong section please move]

Here's my train of thought for you ...

Meego vs. Maemo forums
not the regular spec, developin, hardware, support issues etc. etc. people talk about.

create topic > MeeGo vs. Maemo [not what you think]

If there is anything worth talking about, in your opinion, within the issues raised in the OP then please discuss. That was the reason for posting so I could know what people thought and sharing my opinion - thats actually why im here on this forum, and to learn.

I still think the thread title shows what this thread is about .. but if you're super touchy about the slightly ambigious nature of the thread title, duly noted...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I agree that the header is too mysterious (and too cute).

Headers shouldn't be something you play games with; they should tell you what the thread is about so you can decide in advance whether you want to read them.

However, your basic comment is interesting.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-09-11 at 05:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Is there a way to edit a thread title ?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by ccarter View Post
Is there a way to edit a thread title ?
edit the first post and change the title

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Imo this forum got easily best layout of any forum i have used.
MeeGo forum is very much the typical and most importantly fraction of the people compared to here.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
this site is about Maemo, not just Maemo5, then why did they make the MeeGo stuff be elsewhere? IMO if MeeGo is really supposed to be the next Maemo the two sites, two communities etc should be merged.

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
this site is about Maemo, not just Maemo5, then why did they make the MeeGo stuff be elsewhere? IMO if MeeGo is really supposed to be the next Maemo the two sites, two communities etc should be merged.
I agree that the two should be merged. Thought maybe devs would not agree as Meego forums seem to be more about that, developing?

MeeGo isn't exactly next Maemo. Nokia will release MeeGo-Harmattan with N9 that is next Maemo, but i wouldn't call MeeGo handheld UX next Maemo.

Tags
forum, just more fail, meego