Active Topics

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
There has to be a reason why their so secretive at the moment, i guess they really want to surprise everyone at slush next month
Jolla has had a few conference calls with Hildon Foundation. The Board elections unfortunately held things up on our end. They are willing to share information with us on a confidential basis prior to the Slush event.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Jolla has had a few conference calls with Hildon Foundation. The Board elections unfortunately held things up on our end. They are willing to share information with us on a confidential basis prior to the Slush event.
Excellent news. That's how jolla should roll.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Finnish people here, please go to http://www.tosielamandiili.fi/ and give your vote for Jolla as the best startup at Slush 2012.
Winning startup gets free television ad campaign on MTV3.
EDIT: Actually, for non-finnish speakers: go to link above and scroll down to Jolla logo. Look underneath it for a button that says "Tykkää". Hit that. Thank you.
Done... Go Jolla!
SuperCell's a close rival by the looks, but other than that they're well out in front...

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
Apparently, the phone is coming out in December.
No it's not, they've never said anything of the sort, they've only said they'll reveal much more about the device in Dec, including availability & pricing.

Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
I don't think they aim to "sell well" in the sense that it will be a "hit".
I believe they are aware that their customer base is probably relatively small and will make "exclusive" devices instead.
Think Ferrari. Less quantity better quality. To a higher price of course. I would have no problem with this as long as it's a quality device.
Now that Anssi Vanjoki has been appointed Chairman of Vertu's BoD, I'm hoping they're looking a little more closely at Jolla nowadays.
All the popular speculation is that it'll use Android & I'm sure it will, but there's room in the portfolio for at least one Jolla or Sailfish based phone

Jesus this thread's been full of so much crap over the past week, sheer epic amounts of crap, amazing.
I did see some new interesting Qns/ideas/concerns arise, remember to continue to adding them here folks.
Like I said a while back I'll chase-up Jolla again soon, they were looking into what exactly they can answer (if anything), & the remainder in stages.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-20 at 18:02.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's not the crap that is the problem but the total lack of facts. I read the whole thread its about 14 links related to jolla. Most of the info is videos with Jussi don't provide any facts about jolla, device or sailfish. if that means 1875 post is crap.

Now let's say we removed this 1875 posts. Would that help us?

Would we now more, equal or less?

I say we know more thanks to all the posts.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-20 at 19:01.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, aren't some 1500 of these posts yours?

Yes, I try my best to give you opertunity for some easy thanks. At least you made a funny comment, in regards to other not so fun. I'm a really strong level 1 player.

There are five stages in a release.

Level 1. Anticipation. In this stage the thread can containing closely related or not so closely related. Off topics can be used the make it more fun. All users posting are trolls, since it's really no facts available, all share their view of the world. Nothing is wrong, nothing is right.

Level 2 . Announcment. Pictures and videos are available. Different facts and specs are available. The thread usually gets lots associations to previous phones and the good, the bad and the ugly. Lots of people crying trolls in the anticipation phase are now become the new trolls of the erea.

Level 3. Shipping. The thread goes totally crazy!

Level 4. User stories. The device have now hit the markets and the main thread is no longer valid. Users running around like crazy trying to create more threads than posts. The most used comment in this level is MERGE!
It's this doesn't work, what's good, what's bad, why can't I, it's the best and in the middle of this mess is usually jalyst trying to organize it. He doing a fine job in this level.

Level 5. All over again. It could be a new device or it could be a firmware update ala PR. Starting at level 1 again.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-20 at 20:44.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Vertu choosing android? I think its WAY more likely for them to choose jollaos.... To differentiate..... Also it may be them who pay jolla atm...

it may very will end that jolla actually IS vertu...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-10-20 at 21:42.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Vertu choosing android? I think its WAY more likely for them to choose jollaos.... To differentiate..... Also it may be them who pay jolla atm...

Yeah, lol... I it could appear as though the Acorns are not being allowed to fall too far away from the tree?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yes, I try my best to give you opertunity for some easy thanks. At least you made a funny comment, in regards to other not so fun. I'm a really strong level 1 player.
There are five stages in a release. <SNIP>
Cool story bro

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

Well all the industry spec is that he's going for Android, can't recall whether he's specifically said anything like that himself, think he may of at least once already.*
But hopefully Sailfish is at least being looked at closely now, & I hope it becomes a important part of the portfolio, if not the primary part...

*hence all the "pee in your pants" jokes, something he once famously said about Android.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-21 at 06:58.

Sailfish is not complete"if a os ever be". This is the first release of many, and to bring in a beta OS as your primary OS, it's a gamble very few companies can do.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla