Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
hello,

'm on the edge but with interest the topic followed nitdroid.
currently there are the version 0.0.9

I have recently completed a suitable SD card concerned and would like to trust me about it!
Mobile is overclocked power kernel

what do I need for my n900 not to destroy?
is everything to do with android stored exclusively on the sd card?
someone has information to 0.1.0? should I wait on this version or install 0.0.9 or gingerbread?

Can you think of other tips you would give to the one a newcomer to the nitdroid on the way?

thanks in advance

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
NITDroid is completely on the SD card, it won't mess with your maemo root folders, but it will use the eMMC (MyDocs, 32GB memory) as an "SD card". Try getting 0.0.9 running and when this 0.1.0 comes out you can just format the SD card and copy the 0.1.0 nitdroid files there. I installed Gingerbread on my SD card and I have power kernel too.

Try the autoinstaller first and then update to 0.0.9.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
which data will be stored on the eMMC? why it will not only use the real sd card?

the autoinstaller install nitdroid 0.0.9 or not?

gingerbread is not included in 0.0.9?
will it be included in 0.1.0?

is the nitdroid version linked with the android version ( froyo, gingerbread ) ?

I'm not sure what version the autoinstaller installs but I've read that it isn't the latest.

0.0.9 is not the same as Gingerbread. NITdroid Gingerbread is the same as Android's Gingerbread, which is newer than 0.0.9.

NITdroid is made to think the eMMC as an SD card. It stores the same information as Android would such as apps (if you want to) and some settings.

EDIT: Android stores its eMMC data in a folder called "Android" and mine has album thumbnails and video and image thumbnails.

Last edited by Zas; 2011-02-16 at 16:02.

is nitdroid gingerbread a seperate release?
or will 0.1.0 base on gingerbread?

ok i think i got it, nitdroid boot from sd card und the operation system think that the eMMC is the sd card? right?

should i use multiboot or uboot?

btw. should i install gingerbread or froyo, what do you prefer?

Yes NITdroid will think eMMC is the sd card. Use multiboot.
I've only used Gingerbread and I think you should too since it has updates to enable sound.

I don't really know what 0.1.0 will be, but we'll see what it has when it gets out.

thanks

nitdroid gingerbread is also a seperate release?
do you have a link to installation files and how to install?

other things to say from you?

cheers

First use the autoinstaller first to see if it gets NITdroid working.

After that you'll need to mount the android partition and replace the NITdroid files with Gingerbread: http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/gingerbread.tar.bz2.

I suggests that you use the autoinstaller now and try it first.

Everything you now have on the memory card will be replaced with NITdroid. Make sure you don't have anything important there.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
thanks

nitdroid gingerbread is also a seperate release?
do you have a link to installation files and how to install?

other things to say from you?

cheers
Wait wait wait wait! Install Froyo 0.0.9, it is far more stable and efficient than gingerbread at the moment, plus, some games won't work on gingerbread, and accelerometer is not calibrated under gingerbread. So I guess these reasons are good enough to install 0.0.9, it is the most fun now .
EDIT: Oh and BTW, if you plan to test the autoinstaller, be sure to use the updated one so you don't hang on the formatting microsd hiccup. In addition, the autoinstaller will install Froyo 0.0.8 which is quite old right now and with some glitches.

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-02-16 at 17:16.

Tags
elop sucks, when naked