Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I have developer mode enabled. No inception or open mode. Never changed folder permissions. Never un or reinstalled maps or drive. I have 1.3g available. Hope that helps.

I have never installed anything via terminal. What is the command?
FOR USERS WITH DEVELOPER MODE ENABLED ONLY:
In terminal, navigate to the location of drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb and do this:

dpkg -i drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb

Last edited by mubuntu; 2013-02-08 at 21:00.

Originally Posted by mubuntu View Post
In terminal, navigate to the location of drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb and do this:

dpkg -i drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb
I have tried install via terminal but
Code:
~ # dpkg -i drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb
Aegis rejecting drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb: Could not open debian archive
aegis aborting dpkg -- all listed package files rejected
Compilation failed in require.

Originally Posted by darkphantom93 View Post
I have tried install via terminal but
Code:
You must be root to install via terminal. This package is designed to be installed with a file manager like FileBox (now FileCase), etc.

The terminal instruction is for those users who have developer mode enabled and are running as root (more to diagnose the problems installing).

You must be root to install via terminal. This package is designed to be installed with a file manager like FileBox (now FileCase), etc.
The terminal instruction is for those users who have developer mode enabled and are running as root (more to diagnose the problems installing)
i have try use filecase's terminal and be root to install it but same result.
Code:
~/MyDocs $ devel-su
Password:

BusyBox v1.20.0.git (MeeGo 3:1.20-0.2+0m8) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ #

Originally Posted by darkphantom93 View Post
i have try use filecase's terminal and be root to install it but same result.
Code:
~/MyDocs $ devel-su
Password:

BusyBox v1.20.0.git (MeeGo 3:1.20-0.2+0m8) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ #
Try without terminal at all...just press on the .deb file in the file browser and see what happens then...no typing involved.

One thing that I just realised is that I have the package "aegis-community-source-policy" installed. I don't know if this is relevant or if it is included by default, but you may try installing that. I cannot find a .deb at the moment, but if you are root, you can try:

apt-get install aegis-community-source-policy

Maybe someone with more knowledge about aegis can help us?

Also, other users please post if it worked for you.

i have pressed on the .deb file in the file browser b4 and it installing.....then installation failed. Btw apt-get install aegis-community-source-policy also cant install

Well, you may have to do it the long way (as on page 1 of this thread). I have double-checked the permissions of the packaged files and they are fine. Unfortunately, I don't know why a few people, including yourself, are having trouble with it.

UPDATE: I have just reflashed my phone (due to another reason, not this package). Installation of drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb worked flawlessly. Input from others would be appreciated.

Last edited by mubuntu; 2013-02-10 at 04:24. Reason: More info.

UPDATE: I have just reflashed my phone (due to another reason, not this package). Installation of drive-mod-enable-1.1.deb worked flawlessly. Input from others would be appreciated.
I have reflashed my N9 and tried to install the "drive-mode-enable" without results. Something is wrong. Setup aborted after 20 seconds.
Is there anyone who has installed the "drive-mode-enable" to talk about how you did. I really want these features in the Nokia Drive without activate Dev Mode.
Nokia N9 PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339)

Originally Posted by Lankku View Post
I have reflashed my N9 and tried to install the "drive-mode-enable" without results. Something is wrong. Setup aborted after 20 seconds.
Is there anyone who has installed the "drive-mode-enable" to talk about how you did. I really want these features in the Nokia Drive without activate Dev Mode.
Nokia N9 PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339)
Well, now I am stumped. Did you remember to enable non-store sources again? Maybe regional differences? My phone is the Swiss variant. PR1.3. Again, I really hope we can find a solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to mubuntu For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
mubuntu,

IIRC postinst and postrm files need to have their digsigsums in a file in the DEBIAN folder too otherwise the system rejects them... I remember facing an issue of my postinst and prerm not being accepted by the system due to a lack of digsigsums.

Secondly, its never a good idea to be moving files with extension .bak and then moving them back when uninstalling the .deb; a better solution would be to have within your .deb two folders one for installing and one which contains the original files for restoring.

This way even if somebody has modified their system files they don't face any issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: