Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
No it hasn't. I still think its just a speculation because it supports Tmobile 3G band.
Yup, T-mobile is not getting the N900 anytime soon ( not even in Jan '10). Even if they and it is $200 with contract, I'm not getting it from them because I am now safely enjoying my unlimited $5 data plan per month now from them. Don't want to pay $30 per month for data plan.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Yup, T-mobile is not getting the N900 anytime soon ( not even in Jan '10). Even if they and it is $200 with contract, I'm not getting it from them because I am now safely enjoying my unlimited $5 data plan per month now from them. Don't want to pay $30 per month for data plan.
I am paying $25 on one phone $5 on the other. The $25 plan allows me to ssh to servers. The $5 plan can use http, I can get google, maemo-mapper downloads maps and routes. But direct IP port access is not possible on the $5 plan I have. Maybe you dont need anything but http, or maybe you live somewhere else where its different, but where I am, those are not the same data access.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I am paying $25 on one phone $5 on the other. The $25 plan allows me to ssh to servers. The $5 plan can use http, I can get google, maemo-mapper downloads maps and routes. But direct IP port access is not possible on the $5 plan I have. Maybe you dont need anything but http, or maybe you live somewhere else where its different, but where I am, those are not the same data access.
Maybe that's true but they now don't even have the $25/month data plan available much more the $5 one. The cheapest data plan with T-mobile is $30 with a limited data of 200MB per month. At the moment though, I have not need to us ssh on my N95 (don't even know if it is capable of doing it).

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by adamatus View Post
hey all,

This is my first thread here so thought i would start off with a bang!!!

I went to my local Tmobile store today and was inquiring on the new phones coming up. He mentioned the regulars: Samsung Behold, Motorola Cliq (he had a working model so played around with it for a while) etc.... These were expected to come out shortly...

When i asked about the n900 he said he has been told that they are not expecting to see it till Jan 2010!!!!

Anyone else heard about this!!!! It puts a major dent in my plans

Adam
T-mobile need the time to cripple the firmware so get that flashing software ready to debrand lol

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Maybe that's true but they now don't even have the $25/month data plan available much more the $5 one. The cheapest data plan with T-mobile is $30 with a limited data of 200MB per month. At the moment though, I have not need to us ssh on my N95 (don't even know if it is capable of doing it).
Those are data only plan prices, the cost is $25 if you have a voice plan. I have the $25 t-mobile data plan and I have it tethered as bluetooth modem constantly, I easily do well over 200mb month and have never had any problems, I think the limits are for data only plans for laptops.

Not sure why one would get a n900 and not get a voice plan.

The Following User Says Thank You to pataphysician For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
Those are data only plan prices, the cost is $25 if you have a voice plan. I have the $25 t-mobile data plan and I have it tethered as bluetooth modem constantly, I easily do well over 200mb month and have never had any problems, I think the limits are for data only plans for laptops.

Not sure why one would get a n900 and not get a voice plan.
I was checking the web site, won't you also be able to get the "web2go" add-on for $19.95?

Originally Posted by henningspruth View Post
I was checking the web site, won't you also be able to get the "web2go" add-on for $19.95?
I still have the older t-mobile total-internet plan, the web2go is fairly new and I haven't switched, I also use a special VPN version of the total-internet plan and haven't really researched how web2go works.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by henningspruth View Post
There must be some logic to how T-Mobile's plans fit together, but I haven't been able to figure it out. (Not that the maze is any simpler than other carriers'.)

What is this $5 plan being referred to — is it something that's no longer available or is it just well hidden? I haven't been able to find any information on it at all.

And the unlimited internet option for "other phones" on the website has two $19.95 choices — one with, one without that "web2go" feature — but not the $9.95 choice in the brochure I picked up when walking by a T-Mobile affiliate.

Rounding the figures, I've seen the cost listed as $5, $10, $20, $25 and $30 for being able to access the internet from an N900 (not to mention $40, $50 and $60 plans that are maybe plans for tethering a laptop to a phone, although not clearly labeled as keep-away-from-otherwise).

And, of course, since our family has a Sprint plan for our current phones, I don't really need to use T-Mobile's voice services for months and months to come.

Or is it still impossible to use T-Mobile 3G when I'm away from wifi without paying an exorbitant amount of money for the privilege?

RogerS

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
What is this $5 plan being referred to — is it something that's no longer available or is it just well hidden? I haven't been able to find any information on it at all.
There used to be a "T-Mobile Web" plan that was offered first for $4.99 and then for $5.99. I guess you were supposed to use it for browsing WAP pages on your non-smart phone, but, as people found out, it really is "real" internet access, just restricted to web (proxy based) and mail related ports (i.e., no IM and no SSH), and T-Mobile laudably doesn't prevent tethering. Recently, it even seems that the port restrictions are no longer in place.

And yes, I don't think they let you add this option any more.

However, this page also mentions "Unlimited Web for phones $9.99/month - Get Unlimited Web access.".

Last edited by henningspruth; 2009-10-22 at 16:40.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Tmo will not subsidize an unlocked device. Makes no sense from a cost perspective of customer support.

Tmo may offer the N900 as an unlocked, unsubsized product with 20 month payments, but with no warranty.

BTW, unless the rep you talk to at Tmo is an area manager or higher, they know nothing until the public knows within a 24 hour window. They are told the day before public.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-10-22 at 17:30.