Active Topics

Notices

xkbd works great. It's the solution.
Should work in remote X apps too.
Q: I am using load-applet-run to launch xkbd. How do I delete entries in load-applet-run ? I haven't found the config yet....
Thanks
desiv

using gconfig editor:
apps->loadplugin

Thanx,
Loaded gconf-editor, but I started getting lockups/reboots in Opera. When browsing this site.
I uninstalled load-applet-run and it seems better, at least in my exhausting 5 minutes of testing.
I'll run xkbd from the shell for a bit.
(Interesting, Maemo mappe, which I've been running today, didn't lockup. But Opera definately, even after clearing the cache.)

Thanx again

desiv

Hi, SummVM works great. I never expected that it would full throttle at full framerate on my n800. I love that game although there is a problem with the keymapping. In the beginning you'll have to fight another bike while driving. When the scene starts you see the hand icon but as soon as you touch the screen it switches to kicking, making it almost impossible to win the scene. Is there any way to switch weapons in bikefights? I pressed every button on the device but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by vlaktor View Post
In the beginning you'll have to fight another bike while driving. When the scene starts you see the hand icon but as soon as you touch the screen it switches to kicking, making it almost impossible to win the scene. Is there any way to switch weapons in bikefights? I pressed every button on the device but nothing has worked so far.
How it is done when playing on PC? What keys/buttons need to be pressed and how?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Normally you switch weapons with the right mouse button, left mouse is used for attack.

What's strange is that on the N800 in the beginning of the scene the fist is selected but after the talking it automaticly switches from fist to foot, and then you can kick with the pen tap, pressing the centerdpad does nothing while it should switch.

The rest of the full throttle controls in the port are fine as far as i can see.

Thanks for the prompt response and keep up the good work

Last edited by vlaktor; 2007-08-12 at 18:13.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by vlaktor View Post
Normally you switch weapons with the right mouse button, left mouse is used for attack.

What's strange is that on the N800 in the beginning of the scene the fist is selected but after the talking it automaticly switches from fist to foot, and then you can kick with the pen tap, pressing the centerdpad does nothing while it should switch.

The rest of the full throttle controls in the port are fine as far as i can see.
That's strange. I would need to look at the source if there is any special key handling for FT (maybe even related to this scene), this will take a while. Did you try also in scummvm on PC? Does it work there?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

jup, it works on the pc scummvm as it should. i've tested it.

i've tested it again on the n800 seems that i was wrong. you can switch your weapon the first time(it changes from punch to kick) with the right mouse(dpad center) but after that your unable to switch back to punch, the center dpad does nothing. on the pc version it does switch back.

i also know that the bike fighting scene's use another engine than the normal click and play engine used in full throttle and other lucasarts games.

thanks.

Seems like this version of scumm supports predictive keyboard input, so xkbd isn't even needed for text input.

All that's required is copying the file pre.dict to some directory and then pointing the scummvm extras path there using the options.

afterwards, clicking on the text input line in an agi game spawns a predictive, cell phone style keyboard (which works well in fullscreen mode).