Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
you are very inpatient aren't you? xD
You can be dead at any minute. Won't miss a chance to see a jolla phone. I'm very patient. In my profession you have to be extremely patient and accurate and a little crazy possibly or it ends bad.

Now back to jolla.

This has nothing to do with patients.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You can be dead at any minute. Won't miss a chance to see a jolla phone. I'm very patient. In my profession you have to be extremely patient and accurate and a little crazy possibly or it ends bad.

Now back to jolla.

This has nothing to do with patients.
I obviously am with you(on Jolla finally announcing their phone) but I just began to truly enjoy my N9, from thedead1440 i learnt some flashing skills, got few mods installed, played around with Qt Creator, tbh only now i am beginning to see the true potential and beauty of N9 and if jolla phone would come out tomorrow i might not get it right away. As i feel community just started to properly show what N9 can do. I also have high hopes for the kernel update project for the N9.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sure it was mentioned here or somewhere else at TMO ages ago, at least I'm sure I posted it, maybe I only shared it in Twitter land
Twitter should never be your place for press releases. That's like taking a piss into the ocean. It might make a difference if people see it who are nearby. Otherwise, it's lost in the sheer mass of stuff out there.

Twitter is for marketing to an engaged customer. As it stads, 14k engaged customers might reach another 14k, but that's nothing compared to placing your information where it is picked up by bigger, more connected media streams.

That is the problem I see with Jolla. I follow them and I'm still having to search for stuff, or follow more people than I'd rather via Twitter just for information.

That is inefficient as heck.

Making a planet aggregation shouldn't be too hard. Just collect potential list of blogs and other feeds related to Mer and derivatives. I can start a separate thread for that. When we'll have some comprehensive list, it'll be just a question of making a site. I'm not an experienced site designer, but may be someone can help with it. May be even opentablets guys, since they already made something of that sort for their news section. I'll post a question there, and will inform back here if they are interested.

We can move that to merproject.org later if they are interested, but it's better to make something rolling, than waiting forever.

I created a dedicated thread here for feeds proposals as well:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86975

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-09-23 at 09:59.

@shmerl

I like it mate. Would it be a good idea to pop a line in the OP asking to keep that thead "discussion free" to prevent it from becoming diverted off topic too?

I'm not sure how to do it though. Where is that contact?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What do you think of map and navigation? Do you think the allowed to use nokia maps or google maps?

or skip it and move their own way?

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave

Slow down bud. We're not even sure if the final form-factor will be soap-bar or disc shaped
So speculating this far is pretty pointless, isn't it?
Unless you're just amusing yourself and deliberately perpetuating all this speculation coz you're bored...

Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave

Slow down bud. We're not even sure if the final form-factor will be soap-bar or disc shaped
So speculating this far is pretty pointless, isn't it?
Unless you're just amusing yourself and deliberately perpetuating all this speculation coz you're bored...
leaning towards a disk shaped. However, haven't been able to verify this yet. Maps and navigation is pretty crucial for a smartphone today. Don't you think. I doub't jolla develop their own navigation application. Could sygic be the anser once more.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Of course maps / nav are important. So is the ability to make / receive calls...

But I'm just patiently biding my time.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla