Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Snapdragon processors are SoC. You can't simply parallel or add more chips to get more performance.
But you see, that's where we're just mere mortals constrained by reality, and the TRI guys are something more transcendent:

TRI plans on connecting multiple CPUs via WiGig by implementing an ad-hoc driver to the 60GHz channel via on-board USB3.0. This complicated computing process stores a transient matrix in SSD of CPU(1), then it recomputes and shares the transient matrix with the other SSD of CPU(2) simultaneously. This results in the CPUs sharing their computing power in parallel. Such proprietary technology enables TRI to achieve never-seen-before computing power on a mobile device. So what exactly is this technology intended for? The answer is - Computational Intelligence (CI).
It takes special people to come up with those words . . . in that order.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
TRI plans on connecting multiple CPUs via WiGig by implementing an ad-hoc driver to the 60GHz channel via on-board USB3.0. This complicated computing process stores a transient matrix in SSD of CPU(1), then it recomputes and shares the transient matrix with the other SSD of CPU(2) simultaneously. This results in the CPUs sharing their computing power in parallel. Such proprietary technology enables TRI to achieve never-seen-before computing power on a mobile device. So what exactly is this technology intended for? The answer is - Computational Intelligence (CI).
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
So. Why WiGig?

If you simply wanted more grunt via a second SoC why wouldn't you come up with some kind of high speed internal bus rather than this rube goldberg WiGig solution?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
So. Why WiGig?

If you simply wanted more grunt via a second SoC why wouldn't you come up with some kind of high speed internal bus rather than this rube goldberg WiGig solution?
Why a wireless network of things that are all in the same box? Because buzzwords!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I think Turing has something here. It is simply a question of increasing the local magnetic flux density and exploiting quantum fluctuations of the vacuum state to set up a temporal supercooled state that dramatically improves the efficiently of the CPU. Once you realize it, it's quite obvious.

Last edited by mscion; 2016-09-20 at 19:13.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TRI
"Our existing customers are highly valued; not only have their orders been upgraded at no additional cost but they have also been automatically enrolled into the Turing Elite program in which they will enjoy far cheaper prices for both the Cadenza and Chaconne when they become available."
Translation:

"Anyone still giving us money at this point is obviously a goldmine, and so we will string them along for all they're worth"

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Translation:

"Anyone still giving us money at this point is obviously a goldmine, and so we will string them along for all they're worth"
If they at any point can produce a good keyboard phone I'm ready to pay top dollar for that. Consider that to be more important to me than the price.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
That sentence reads about as easily as anything coming out of TRI.

Last edited by pichlo; 2016-09-20 at 20:35. Reason: typo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Chao:
This black hole named 'Phone' will continue to suck in functions from other digital devices until it realizes the vision of Alan Turing's Turing Machine.
Until it can manipulate a set of symbols, according to a set of rules, on an infinite strip of tape?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
It takes special people to come up with those words . . . in that order.
And this sentence is why I had to explain to everybody within earshot why I laughed way too loudly at my computer screen today at the office.

Twice.

Thank you for the running commentary. You're killing it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
swordfish os, turingphone