Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by kaspal View Post
every other platform seems to be getting the ABSeasons but us... whats up with that? dont we deserve some love too?
Trust me, it has nothing to do with love or us deliberately wanting to ignore N900 users. The only reason is that we are still a small company with very limited resources and we honastly just ran out of time. Seasons will most likely be released on N900 too at some point, we just weren't able to make it on time for the advent calendar to make sense.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
Trust me, it has nothing to do with love or us deliberately wanting to ignore N900 users. The only reason is that we are still a small company with very limited resources and we honastly just ran out of time. Seasons will most likely be released on N900 too at some point, we just weren't able to make it on time for the advent calendar to make sense.
Is Rovio hiring?

i can do some porting work FOR FREE, if you are hiring!... lol.
well, thanks for your honesty, miika... i hope you release the seasons soon, either paid or free, i dont care, i just want you (rovio) to show us some more love. We deserve it.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Off topic: I wonder why is Angry Birds a lot smoother (graphics) on all of the other devices except the N900.. When I play it on the N8 it's sooo much clearer and smoother than when I play it on my N900. O.o

Anyways, keep up the great work, can't wait to play Lvl Pack 4 on my N900..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
What ever happened to being happy with what you have?

Geez guys, some of you sound like little girls.

Saying that we deserve some love or deserve anything special because we are n900 owners and have been neglected is rubbish. We are all n900 owners because we love the phone and what it allows us to do.

For me the n900 stands for everything the iphone isnt, a free device that doesnt end up owning you. Its also a much better device.

Be happy that we get angry birds at all. My girlfriend has an X6 and she doesnt have it and i feel bad cause she really likes it.

Be patient and wait, it will come. Its like im back in the 90's reading nintendo and sega magazines and reading the fan mail sent in by obsessed 10 year olds who draw photos of mario killing sonic!

Who here has and angry bird tattoo??
C'mon whos the biggest fan/freak??

I dont think you will see a level editor any tome soon. Angry birds will sell episodes till people are sick of it (maybe), when people tire of it a level editor will arrive. Nowhere near as many people would buy a new episode when you could make one. I know i would spend hours making rediculous levels.

You know what would really rock?

Angry birds over bluetooth 2 player.
One persons the birds, the other the pigs.
Birds have the pigs loot and food etc, pigs have the eggs.
First to smash each others building protecting them wins.

You could make it a little bit more varied and give each player just red birds and you have to aim at the special birds placed around the level to use them. Otherwise you could just throw away your shitty birds to get to the bomb birds and win quicker. Hope you get what i mean.

Or just make it turn based and you could play it with one phone if all your friends are lemmings like mine and have iphones.

How about that for a special n900 exclusive?
A two player Angry Birds Vs Greedy Pigs.

The Following User Says Thank You to s13n1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Off topic: I wonder why is Angry Birds a lot smoother (graphics) on all of the other devices except the N900.. When I play it on the N8 it's sooo much clearer and smoother than when I play it on my N900. O.o

i tried swapolube once and it killed the performance, so i'm guessing a caching issue

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by bandora View Post

yes, I noticed that to... hope rovio fix that

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I wouldn't say so. On htc hero sucks totally. Unplayable. But I borrowed 3GS from a friend to play haloween and I like the game much more on N900.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
NO AB has screen tearing and fps issues on n900. I o/d to 1ghz and still. My iphone plays smooth as silk. I gave up on n900 waiting for stupid ovi store to put some games or apps and 1 year later we had 4 or 5 proper quality gamses. What happened to 3D roller coster etc?

Glad i can get 100s of variation of just Angry bird type games, let alone 1000s of tower defense or fps games.

I'll wait for port of meego on n900 otherwise if it also doesnt happen will let it bury itself in my used and old gadets drawer.

Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
NO AB has screen tearing and fps issues on n900.
As far as I know N900 does not have proper vsync support so there is nothing we can do for the tearing. On many occations it runs around 50 fps but because there is no vsync and the display refresh rate is only 30 fps it's impossible to make the game as smooth as on devices with 60 fps screen and vsync.

In general I still think N900 is one of the best versions of Angry Birds performance wise. I have N900 as my personal device and I've had zero issues with performance, at least when it's the only application running. If you keep dozens of applications running on background it will of course have ill effect on the performance.

Hopefully one day all devices have tearing free 60 fps displays and enough CPU and GPU power to feed it, but until then we just have to play with the hand we've dealt.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread