Notices

How would this device do for reading manga or comic books? I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this. Can anyone post a pic showing a comic page? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Should I wait for the next version of the 770 (is it immenant?) or jump the gun for this one. What I plan to do the most is ebooks / pdfs, but im/email would be nice also.

Lockery

the 770 has a pdf reader, although with big files and a small processor u can image that it wud be slow. i guess if u wanter to read the comic as it was loading it wudnt be so bad.
and yes u can also view ebooks as well - which works ok.

emails on the go is another useful thing

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Where are you getting your manga in electronic format? Tell me or send me one (firstinitial lastname at gmail) and I post a photo of it on the 770.

Roger

If your manga is a collection of images, the image viewing application is nice. You can keep the image in full screen mode and use the buttons on 770 for next/previous, zoom, exiting full screen mode etc.

Originally Posted by varis
If your manga is a collection of images, the image viewing application is nice. You can keep the image in full screen mode and use the buttons on 770 for next/previous, zoom, exiting full screen mode etc.
But there is problem with skiping to next picture if you are in zoom mode. You must zoom out and then use arrows

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Amper_CZ
But there is problem with skiping to next picture if you are in zoom mode. You must zoom out and then use arrows
I agree completely!

Tha button layout should allow swithing from movement mode to next image mode.

E.g. You zoom in. Move around, press the d-pad middle button. An icon appears on top right corner. Now, if you press d-pad right, it will move to next image.

Or, perhaps middle buttons default behaviour would be to move to next image. It would be very intuitive. And the back button would go to previous image. I think that would work wonderfully!

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Exeter, UK
The web browser on its own (set to hide the toolbar in fullscreen mode (Vire > Toolbar > clear the fullscreen tick) looks absolutely delicious for the online comic Apocamon. http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon

Anyone know if there is a cbr reader for the 770 (to read comics)?

Is it feasible to use Opera for browsing through a number of large images while staying in full-screen mode all the time? (i.e., to use it as an image viewer, only for comic scans in this case).

Unless rarsoft releases an ARM linux binary of rar, there cannot be any cbr reader for the n770.
cbz should be fine, but you'll have to repack your cbrs to work (presuming someone comes out with a cbz reader for n770).