Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Just in case anyone forgets. The new update requires you to go and modify your settings again. I had thought I had done this but had forgot about the speed cam settings so don't forget to enable those again in case you get caught by a camera on your next journey.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Do you need to redo the FPS mods to fix the lag behind or is that fixed as well?

Mine seemed to be there in settings.ini.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jutl View Post
For me the accuracy of the fix as reported on the GPS Status screen has gone from averaging 20-30yds before the update to 5-10yds after it.
THe gps seems to be more accurate now..

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Confirmed the gps is 15yards on average more accurate for me now.

Nice update Sygic.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
I downloaded Sygic from the repository through AppManager.

Unfortunately, it is crashing with a segmentation fault. I ran it through strace and it seems that several files are missing like:

/home/opt/sygic/Drive/Maemo/skin/application.skin
/home/opt/sygic/Drive/Maemo/skin/english.lang

In fact, the full skin directory is missing.

http://sygic.com/maemo is giving now a 404, so I cannot download from the web in order to compare contents.

Can someone verify whether those files should be present, and this could be the actual reason for the crash?

Thx in advance.

you should have these files when you 1st installed the app

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
you should have these files when you 1st installed the app
That's the problem, this is exactly the first time I install the app. I didn't install it before, nor downloaded it from sygic's web.

I simply added the repository yesterday, the app was available there and installed it.

Though I know it is an update for people that had previously installed it, it is a new installation for me.

Packages available through app manager should be always complete apps and never expect a previous install to exist. That's the way debs work. There are no incremental debs.

So I suppose it's a packaging error, then.

Originally Posted by dalonso View Post
That's the problem, this is exactly the first time I install the app. I didn't install it before, nor downloaded it from sygic's web.

I simply added the repository yesterday, the app was available there and installed it.

Though I know it is an update for people that had previously installed it, it is a new installation for me.

Packages available through app manager should be always complete apps and never expect a previous install to exist. That's the way debs work. There are no incremental debs.

So I suppose it's a packaging error, then.
Well - the repository is there for Sygic users. Which if you've not bought it then it doesn't apply?

Its not a packaging error - the package from the Sygic repository contains the 'new' installation file for the updated app.

Neil

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn