Notices

Hey,

I realized that it is very hard for me to actually remember all these passwords that I use on the web. This gets especially hard for the complicated passwords that are stored as muscle memory, which doesn't work on the significantly different keyboard of the n900.

So I went out to sync all my stored passwords from my desktop's firefox to the n900 microb. Turns out this is quite easy:

Simly copy signons.sqlite and key3.db from your firefox profile directory (~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/) to .mozilla/microb/ on your n900. Done, passwords available!

Of course this will overwrite all stored passwords in your n900.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to corecode For This Useful Post:
you can see your passwords stored in Firefox??
exact characters????

Originally Posted by gddhthrhrhr@yahoo.com View Post
you can see your passwords stored in Firefox??
exact characters????
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying... In firefox, you can view your passwords in Edit/Preferences/Security/Saved Passwords/Show Passwords. I don't know how that works in microb.

What my approach does is copy the saved passwords from firefox to microb. After that microb will auto-complete the password forms you stored passwords for (in firefox).

The Following User Says Thank You to corecode For This Useful Post:
If you lose your phone, you are totally screwed! Although I would love to have this on my phone the potential of losing the phone scares the heck outta me. A nice option if needed though, thanks OP!

The Following User Says Thank You to flydeep For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
If you lose your phone, you are totally screwed! Although I would love to have this on my phone the potential of losing the phone scares the heck outta me. A nice option if needed though, thanks OP!
But that's true also for just typing passwords on your phone and then selecting "remember password" in microb. So nothing is changing there. Of course a master password would be a nice thing to have.

I don't know how much a phone lock key would help in this case - are the contents of ~ still readable even without lock key? Quite possibly when unsoldering the flash chips.

yep, you are perfectly right and that's why I store passwords on microb for accounts that will not scare me. I addition to losing personal contact information, losing sensitive login information is disastrous in my opinion.

The opportunities for losing a phone are far more than a desktop and probably a laptop. That's why I do not store passwords on any system that will leave home.

All said about the risks, the work you have put in to copy password information from firefox to microb will be very useful for folks who need it, kudos and thanks.

Originally Posted by corecode View Post
But that's true also for just typing passwords on your phone and then selecting "remember password" in microb. So nothing is changing there. Of course a master password would be a nice thing to have.

I don't know how much a phone lock key would help in this case - are the contents of ~ still readable even without lock key? Quite possibly when unsoldering the flash chips.