Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
lennyslender: Woops! You're right! Already fixed for next version. I'll try to release a small version later tonight/tomorrow. Also, when you click the "Edit Mono LED Pattern" button... nothing happens? Can you run it from the command line (/usr/bin/mcedit.py) and post any output you get?

tso: Can you be more specific? When you click the "save" icon, and get the dialog box prompting "Are you sure?" and click yes, is there any pause, or does the dialog just close? Can you run it from the command line (/usr/bin/mcedit.py) and post any output you get?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
never mind, when running it via terminal i got a error that poked me into installing sudser.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Mind poking Nokia about some improvements to MCE?

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
never mind, when running it via terminal i got a error that poked me into installing sudser.
Hmmm you shouldn't have to install sudser in order to use this. I'll try poking around with things to see if I can fix this, thanks for letting me know!

[edit]Ah, found the problem. Another mistake on my part. Fixed for the next version.

Last edited by TrueJournals; 2009-03-26 at 03:43.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Mind poking Nokia about some improvements to MCE?
"Fixed in Fremantle".

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
"Fixed in Fremantle".
Better than WONTFIX.

TrueJournals, actually, I was thinking more about getting gconf settings so we wouldn't have to reboot to get MCE to reload its settings.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Well, I can't say it came as a surprise, but nevertheless a microscopic spore of hope was once again squashed. I installed mcedit and tried to set the doublepress event of the power button to softpoweroff, but for some reason it is always reset to "no action". Rebooting makes no difference, I cannot get my softpoweroff back.

And I really didn't need much else than that...

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Well, I can't say it came as a surprise, but nevertheless a microscopic spore of hope was once again squashed. I installed mcedit and tried to set the doublepress event of the power button to softpoweroff, but for some reason it is always reset to "no action". Rebooting makes no difference, I cannot get my softpoweroff back.

And I really didn't need much else than that...
doublepress event of the power button to softpoweroff

work perfectly for me
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
doublepress event of the power button to softpoweroff

work perfectly for me
Thank you, that's amazingly helpful.

There's a bug in the current version of the applicaiton, so the updated setting on combo boxes won't show up, but it should write the information fine. Try doing a double-press on the power button and see if it goes to soft offline.

Tags
advanced, mce, settings