Notices

Posts: 6,044 | Thanked: 11,160 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
you can just do
Code:
patchmanager --unapply-all
in root shell

Posts: 813 | Thanked: 1,130 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Done, thanks. For the information, and until I troubleshoot more precisely which one was the issue, here is the list of patches I had installed:

[D] unknown:0 - "better-multiday-event-time-labels ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "gallery-image-zoom ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "sailfishos-patch-improved-notification-preview ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "sailfishos-patch-no-home-carousel ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "analog-clock-jolla-weather ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "app-locker ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "devicelock-faith-text ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "lockscreen-album-art ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "mazelock ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "voicecall-combined ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "sailfishos-patchmanager-unapplyall ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "sneak-peek ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[D] unknown:0 - "combined-pulley-menu ausmt-sailfishos-1\n"
[Edit] Unfortunately it seems I still have the same issue even after restarting Lipstick. But Mazelock is still here, which makes me think that the patches did not unapply correctly (or that restarting Lipstick was not enough to restart the preloaded services). Am I missing a command line?

Posts: 6,044 | Thanked: 11,160 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
who knows, maybe you came to non-recoverable state. reinstall lipstick-jolla-home-qt5 package

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Thanks, it fixed it. When I have the time, I'll try to reapply the patches and restart Lipstick after each one to troubleshoot and identify the cause.

Weirdly, my patches were still installed and applied after running the patchmanager --unapply-all command and then reinstalling lipstick, but without the issues I had before. I disabled better-multiday-calendar-events and sneak-peak from the Patchmanager UI though, and since then had no issue, but can't tell if they were the cause of the issue since I failed to properly troubleshoot when I saw that all patches were still there.

Coderus, do you get issues with allow-any-orientation patch? I just installed it on top of the others, and while it does allow rotation everywhere, it also broke my Events screen. No notifications or toggles anymore, just empty translucent Events background.

I still have the same issue with app-locker as well: applying it makes the option appear in the Devicelock settings, and I can then select applications to lock, but will never be prompted to enter any code or mazelock when launching them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
No time to work on patches or patchmanager now. Feel free to fix problem and send PR to github, i'll review and merge.

Ugh, you're assuming I have the skills for that. Just reporting the things I observed in the hope someone can fix it when they have the time, but I'll just wait, no worries.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Ugh, you're assuming I have the skills for that. Just reporting the things I observed in the hope someone can fix it when they have the time, but I'll just wait, no worries.
Not you personally, anyone can do that for sure

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os