I just went to CompUSA today to get myself N800 (still waiting for my N770 refund check). Upon telling the clerk to get the (one and only) N800 out from the lock cabinet, he asked me if I have Cingular carrier.

Second, upon firing up the N800 for the first time, it ask me some info similar to the N770 setup, one of the setup screen ask me if I want to pair up my bluetooth cellphone. As we all know, men don't read manual. And I didn't very pay attention, I just click through. Well, it did found my phone, my Nokia s6620. I scratch my head a little, then I check my phone. My phone have bluetooth on, but set to hidden mode. I'll call this one a bug, but Nokia probably call it a feature.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It shouldn't be a bug on the tablet, though. How can one device see another that isn't making itself available? I think your phone is lying.

I'm not necessary say that it's a but on a tablet, but it could be something that Nokia did on purpose, can somebody else try this on their Nokia Bluetooth phone?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
If the BT phone is hidden, it should be hidden - there's nothing Nokia would or should have done to circumvent that. So as Texrat says, if the N800 detected your hidden phone I'd suggest the phone has a bug and isn't hiding itself as it should.

Try and pair your hidden phone with someone elses bluetooth phone to see if the borrowed phone detects your hidden phone.

Well, my laptop couldn't detect my phone when it's hidden. And I don't have another BT phone to try.