Notices

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Okay, I'll check when I get home. Maybe you need to have Ogg support installed.

Btw, Pentagram is almost ready and runs great.
I wandered across this thread and was wondering if any progress has been made? it would be amazing to be able to play Ultima 8 on my n900!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's no progress on Pentagram, but I can get it up on -devel in its current state.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
that would be amazing man, i have been wanting to replay this for a while now. thanks!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
nice program to play U7, I am a fan to it and still is :-D

one thing puzzle me is the lack of music and sound effects, cause it is in the extra-test repo, I am hesitate to install it yet without knowing more detail, if I download the exult digital audio, what more I need to download and where can I find it?

keep up the good work :-D

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Music remastered / volumes fixed to mp3

http://pupnik.de/Ultima7_music_stere...stered_mp3.tgz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Congratulations!
I'm playing now Exult on my N900 and it's amazing!
Only one question: will be ported the version 1.4 (so we can play also with the mods)?
Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Il_Principe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Please tell me how to change gamedata path? I have all data of games in different place.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Okay, i can configure paths in .exult.cfg

Any chance for this to be ported to N9 / N950? Hmmm or I could start bringing both into work, and use the N900 as a portable game machine....

slaapliedje

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
I am not sure if anyone is still interested in a N9 version of Exult, but I have taken the Maemo package's source code and ported it quickly to Harmattan. The result is playable, despite being a bit hackish to set up.

The link to the package is below. You will need to tweak the Exult configuration files as described in various threads and possibly to install SDL libraries in case they are not already installed, but that should be relatively simple.

Additionally, the fact that the N9 has no keyboard will lead to problems with starting a new game, as it is impossible to name a new character. Solution for me was to start a new game on another platform then move over the relevant game files. You will also need to use quicksave rather than regular save games for the same reason.

Please consider this package as experimental, and install only if you know what you are doing. I will not be responsible for any damage to your phones or data.

Have fun!

Package link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgf8v61xglnceij/Exult.deb

Some screenshots:
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paolo_3_1415926 For This Useful Post: