Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh...

SUCCESS

One friend got his Black 16gb from Dubai. My connection there has found another place and we've already negotiated them down from 2499 Dirhams down to 2349 and currently negotiating getting them down even further. I don't want their extended warranty - it comes with one already - and I'm quite sure there is no need for me to buy their anti-theft insurance.

I have one coming in from there for that 2349 price. Working out payments directly to them via their existing website with the idea that we'd have a coupon/code to let them know we're from the same bunch of interested folks. So far, this has worked and the phone works beautifully.

Nokia Mexico is... being a bit flaky. I've seen the damn things via Skype video, but my friend is somewhat shackled on when he can send. The soft launch came and went, it's 4 days past that date. And there's nothing to say that the next week will net anything of value in terms of updates. But I'm still plugging away.

Mobicity.com.au just alerted my other friend that they've shipped. So now it's a waiting game to see how long that comes about.

Malaysia... I just found out I have a good buddy with connections there. I'll be updating about that in a bit too.

So far, Dubai is winning in terms of delivered goods and willingness to work with us on price. Australia has a rather invasive policy - they want your license, passport and recent utility bill... yeah, seriously. Mexico and Malaysia is the cheapest, but no stock on 64gb and/or items that can be sold or sent is the unknown there.

And no way I'll do eBay or Expansys. Either way it seems like a scenario where you'd be screwed.

Once I get specifics for how the orders will go down - with a real damn store, not through me even! - I'll update you all.

Now... me go to sleep. Me am tired.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Oh...

SUCCESS

One friend got his Black 16gb from Dubai. My connection there has found another place and we've already negotiated them down from 2499 Dirhams down to 2349 and currently negotiating getting them down even further. I don't want their extended warranty - it comes with one already - and I'm quite sure there is no need for me to buy their anti-theft insurance.

I have one coming in from there for that 2349 price. Working out payments directly to them via their existing website with the idea that we'd have a coupon/code to let them know we're from the same bunch of interested folks. So far, this has worked and the phone works beautifully.

Nokia Mexico is... being a bit flaky. I've seen the damn things via Skype video, but my friend is somewhat shackled on when he can send. The soft launch came and went, it's 4 days past that date. And there's nothing to say that the next week will net anything of value in terms of updates. But I'm still plugging away.

Mobicity.com.au just alerted my other friend that they've shipped. So now it's a waiting game to see how long that comes about.

Malaysia... I just found out I have a good buddy with connections there. I'll be updating about that in a bit too.

So far, Dubai is winning in terms of delivered goods and willingness to work with us on price. Australia has a rather invasive policy - they want your license, passport and recent utility bill... yeah, seriously. Mexico and Malaysia is the cheapest, but no stock on 64gb and/or items that can be sold or sent is the unknown there.

And no way I'll do eBay or Expansys. Either way it seems like a scenario where you'd be screwed.

Once I get specifics for how the orders will go down - with a real damn store, not through me even! - I'll update you all.

I'm Glad ...YAAAAAAY !!! GERBICK you DID IT!

The Following User Says Thank You to SR90 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SR90 View Post
I'm Glad ...YAAAAAAY !!! GERBICK you DID IT!
Not yet my friend. I'm able to source out 16gb versions. It's the damn 64gb versions that are eluding me!

Once I get all of the details sorted out, I'll hit everybody up that's still interested - this week I've seen 5 people drop their requests - and how they can buy directly from the shop and do it at a reduced price.

For all of this, I've yet to get this into my own hands. Something is wrong with that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Not yet my friend. I'm able to source out 16gb versions. It's the damn 64gb versions that are eluding me!

Once I get all of the details sorted out, I'll hit everybody up that's still interested - this week I've seen 5 people drop their requests - and how they can buy directly from the shop and do it at a reduced price.

For all of this, I've yet to get this into my own hands. Something is wrong with that.
Nice Work keep it up

The Following User Says Thank You to SimStar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE

Keep up the great work Gerbick and you really deserve a 64gb N9 for free with all the works you have been doing for everyone so they could get their hands on N9... We need more people like you ...people who really CARE...welldone sir !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SR90 For This Useful Post:
Hey guys... I need a favor. If you're in Malaysia, have connections in Malaysia or in Dubai, hit me up via PM.

There's a few of you that might be able to do some footwork since my friend there will be on route to Hamburg this week.

huh? Havent we been doing that already?
During launch, it's already stated the dealers dont ship overseas. same goes with the prices and courier charges, been posted.
Latest is the 16GB cyan is available. I only dare to buy from authorised dealers.

Those who want to try online merchants, try www.lelong.com.my

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Oh...

SUCCESS

You have the device in your hands amigo ?

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
huh? Havent we been doing that already?
I've been talking with certain leads, but if anything I'm looking for merchants that are willing to allow for bulk purchases. Almost all of the merchants and/or leads given so far has been a one-off purchase. I'm still trying to resolve out for multiple purchases for multiple people.

During launch, it's already stated the dealers dont ship overseas. same goes with the prices and courier charges, been posted.
I'm slowly but surely proving that one wrong. I do require assistance though. Only so much I can do... and then from there, only so much I can have on my plate. I'd rather get folks in contact with the right people that have the stock and will ship to them directly without me in the middle. Just seems more trustworthy that way.

Those who want to try online merchants, try www.lelong.com.my
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
You have the device in your hands amigo ?
Mine is in New York. Right now.

I'm not in New York. Right now.

Guess who's not happy... right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop