Active Topics

Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Well after a google search and a wee bit of tinkering, I've just figured out how to use opensh within a script, it's quite simple really.
I'll edit this post with a link to a “how to” thread once I've made it.
Here's a hint for now, you could use two scripts......

Here ya go - [How to] Use opensh within a script for root access
Nice, i'll digest all that info

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
I can do that for you
Get all over it bro!

The more I think the more I believe it's maybe better to create a UI like the 2G-3G app ( https://projects.developer.nokia.com/home/user/crazyhg ). Would be cool do have a "activate/desactivate" OC shortcut and the oc settings in the settings menu...

The Following User Says Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post:
would be definitely lovely
1st of all, a deb file would be awesome and avoid mistyping errors

Did a very small ui from scratch, I wait that HanzBlix answer my PM to add him into the git project.

I just don't know how to link the UI to the core (projects&exams coming soon, not much time for doing that, but the UI, I'm loving that).

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Did a very small ui from scratch, I wait that HanzBlix answer my PM to add him into the git project.

I just don't know how to link the UI to the core (projects&exams coming soon, not much time for doing that, but the UI, I'm loving that).
At first I was like meh about integrating in settings, mostly since I haven't tried that yet, but after checking out that 2g3g app, I've got to say it's a pretty slick implementation, I think you've changed my mind. Like you I haven't done anything on that end, just some normal ui stuff, but it couldn't be too hard to go through the docs and figure it out. But what about the page for reading the current settings? another icon on desktop? or bury in settings? Of course the frequency and whether smart reflex is active could be shown on the on/off icon, but there should be more of a read out surely, hmm something to ponder anyway. I'll be keeping conky on my N9 anyway.
I guess the on/off function will rely on being able to change frequency back to 1ghz though, hopefully that doesn't end up being too much of a problem.

Last edited by HanzBlix; 2012-04-05 at 15:10.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
At first I was like meh about integrating in settings, mostly since I haven't tried that yet, but after checking out that 2g3g app, I've got to say it's a pretty slick implementation, I think you've changed my mind. Like you I haven't done anything on that end, just some normal ui stuff, but it couldn't be too hard to go through the docs and figure it out. But what about the page for reading the current settings? another icon on desktop? or bury in settings? Of course the frequency and whether smart reflex is active could be shown on the on/off icon, but there should be more of a read out surely, hmm something to ponder anyway. I'll be keeping conky on my N9 anyway.
This idea is pretty cool, though there should be an option to just set the overclocked kernel and leave it.

I think Conky should be packaged as a .deb too

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
This idea is pretty cool, though there should be an option to just set the overclocked kernel and leave it.

I think Conky should be packaged as a .deb too
Conky always was packaged as a deb. Installing the dependencies is the only hassle but I don't see how that's my fault.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
I have put together some extremely simple scripts & shortcut icons (default smartreflex options only) so you can switch among the frequencies by just tapping the icons:

I am just too lazy to create the specific icons for each frequency, so I just make use of an existing warning icon...

You can download it from here:
http://dadablog.net/maemo/files/n9_oc_icons.zip

Make sure you have read the readme.txt on where to put the files.

I believe some smarter people can come up with nicer UI + features and packaging than this; but while we're waiting, maybe these are good enough for some of you?

Last edited by amandalam; 2012-04-05 at 17:19.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to amandalam For This Useful Post:
Concerning the basic UI you can check you what I did here :
https://gitorious.org/opptimizer-n9ui/opptimizer-n9ui

I added HanzBlix and Creamy Goodness to the project. You can modify it as you like because I don't have time for work full time on that but I'm really interested in it. If someone wants to join just PM me

I think a solution as amandalam would be the best with just an icon with a pop up message on top screen and the possibility to change the OC setting in the settings part (as said in the last page).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post: