Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Anybody experiencing a sort of 'connection loop', i.e. Mitakuuluu continuously switching between logged in/connecting/logged in etc.? I have this from yesterday, never happened before.

Closing mitakuuluu helps avoiding this issue (and having longer battery life) of course.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Everybody, i think.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Btw, i just received my Jolla phone today. Mitakuuluu deelopment will be continued as soon as possible.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Everybody, i think.
Thought so, just wanted to be sure.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2014-03-10 at 16:45.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Btw, i just received my Jolla phone today. Mitakuuluu deelopment will be continued as soon as possible.
Nice. I hope you like it!

Yeah. Its exciting

No connection loops here, though lately sometimes Mitakuuluu will show "logged in" in the multitasking view and when I open the app it will connect and show me massages that were probably sent a while back. (Hard to say because it only shows the time the message was received and that is always the time of the reconnect.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
First: congratilations Coredus!

Secondly. Connection loops mostly occurs when phone switches between wlan and mobile data so if you have possibility to test that please do when you have time so you will see what happens. Mitäkuuluu should be minimized or gui part closed to get "best results"

At least for me switching causes most of problems. My feeling is that at least partly this is sailfish os bug but maybe some polishing can (and maybe should) be done on Mitäkuuluu connection handling too.

Originally Posted by junnuvi View Post
First: congratilations Coredus!

Secondly. Connection loops mostly occurs when phone switches between wlan and mobile data so if you have possibility to test that please do when you have time so you will see what happens. Mitäkuuluu should be minimized or gui part closed to get "best results"

At least for me switching causes most of problems. My feeling is that at least partly this is sailfish os bug but maybe some polishing can (and maybe should) be done on Mitäkuuluu connection handling too.
What you describe is a problem many had already before, what I talk about is new: no matter if I'm on wifi or 3g, and even when connection is not switching (or allowed to, I'm keeping wifi off these days) connection loop happens constantly, and never did before. Probably something changed on whatsapp side (that's my ignorant guess at least).

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
What you describe is a problem many had already before, what I talk about is new: no matter if I'm on wifi or 3g, and even when connection is not switching (or allowed to, I'm keeping wifi off these days) connection loop happens constantly, and never did before. Probably something changed on whatsapp side (that's my ignorant guess at least).
I have noticed that going into "settings" and activating "Always display online" mitakuluu has stopped to reconnect every time i'm opening the app. Now the messages being received in real time.

The Following User Says Thank You to pizzulicchio For This Useful Post:

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp