Active Topics

I'm quite surprised how many people here have read in to this receants news and thought any of them got anything to do with the N9 MeeGo-Harmattan phone. This is afterall the Maemo and MeeGo-Harmattan community. Would think people here at least know what they are waiting for.

That said it's possible that N9 gets delayed till Q1 next year looking at Nokia's track record, but the last word from Nokia(this week) is the same it have been since Nokia talked for the first time about devices running Harmattan to be available, 2H 2010.
Nokia spokesman his(Ari Jaaksi) departure does not affect MeeGo's rollout schedule which had called for a first device to be delivered before the end of 2010
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/05/n...chief-resigns/

As Vanjoki said in Nokia World we will hear some MeeGo announcement before end of this year so hopefully we will be much wiser after MeeGo Conference?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by augustya View Post
Oh cmon guys what I meant was how far, how long wud it still take for the N9 to be launched.
Well I got the same impression, change the title if u dont want to hear more jokes like that

N9 will be out in 2011 the whole new exec team started to act differently they wont release half baked device like N900 again...it should be ready 99% however the longer it takes the stronger Android becomes not to mention W7 is coming and HP will start pushing Palm OS

this mobile OS war will surely have losers lets hope it wont be Nokia

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
It's at least this long.

Originally Posted by maguitodelrock View Post
Stop spreading FUD, because your only reason to stay in this forums is for whining and trolling.
LIghten up son.

And my only reason for staying on this forum is the hope that one day Nokia will finally find from somewhere in the whole of the USA, a replacement N900 for me after I sent mine to them because my usb port was broken. Who knows when that will be, I have already been waiting 3 weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maguitodelrock View Post
and if u want a phone right now, get another phone and sell it when N9 begins shipping
When u say get another phone dont u mean N900.Do u mean buy any other phone than the N900? So u r saying I do not invest in N900 now not so late. Is that what u r saying...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
how wide is the N9?

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
this mobile OS war will surely have losers...
Loosers so far: WebOS, Windows Mobile (the old one), PalmOS, UIQ (not a real OS, but still), various Linux based OS'es. Maemo5 (suicide), Maemo6 - aka - MeeGo-Harmattan (to be born only to self-destruct)

World leader: Symbian
World next big one (to become almost as big as Symbian): Android
Also somewhat big: Bada, Winmo7
Next Loosers (according to analysts): iOS (will not die, but shrink), RIM (will stay float, but gradually disappear)

Uncertain: MeeGo (will be big on tablets/netbooks, phones? is a tablet with a 3g radio a phone?)

Yes there will be loosers, but Nokia is not one of them no matter how much the US blogs pray to the iGod at night

The Following User Says Thank You to bsving For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Yes there will be loosers, but Nokia is not one of them no matter how much the US blogs pray to the iGod at night
But how loose will those Loosers be? Do you think they'll let 'em on the loose?

I hope this doesn't get too phony.