Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Are you sure? So, a certain hildon-desktop-menu-bug exists in CSSU Testing, but not in CSSU stable? Curiouser and curiouser...

Thank you. Best wishes.
well i experience things like these ofen on testing also things like ui locked to potrait i.e its rotating but only half screen
and ignore the tearing part its misbehaving screenshot app maybe
and i want that filemanager glich back its so nice to use and i got only a day to use it as it didnt survive reboot.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Guys, perhaps it migh help to give a list of your installed applications. I am on a mix of Thumb and Devel and I am not seeing any signs of misbehaviour.

Wiki, do you have any specific objections to Qt? I could understand if it were about, "oh, shoot, this is a Qt app, I need to install some dependencies too", then I could understand. But Qt is already installed on the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Guys, perhaps it migh help to give a list of your installed applications. I am on a mix of Thumb and Devel and I am nkt seeing any signs of a misbehaviour.

Wiki, do you have any specific objections to Qt? I could understand if it were about, "oh, shoot, this is a Qt app, I need to install some dependencies too", then I could understand. But Qt is already installed on the N900.
I am generally on CSSU-Testing, but there may be some apps from CSSU-Devel (like the unlock-slider-for-systemui).

I am just trying to go to "pure Hildon" state, and get rid of Python-Qt-whatever user interfaces which bring inconsistency. Sure, they work, but they look differently. And I am fairly sure that having only-GTK takes less memory than having GTK+Qt mixed apps running at the same time.

I like Qalendar. But why Qt? Is the Maemo 5 as a whole going to be re-written to Qt? If so, I do not have much objections; but in the light of Qt being too widespread everywhere, I would rather keep GTK, and avoid patchwork of this-and-that.

Like, GNUstep may be interesting, but I would rather see it by itself on OpenDarwin than randomly mixed with other frameworks on a random operating system.

Thank you. Best wishes.

P.S. Will try to give a list of all installed applications later. Maybe, like "dpkg -L" or something.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
hildon-desktop, irssi, maemo 5, media player, youtube