Active Topics

Exact same problem I was having lol.. something is fubar'd with that app-manager.

Also STSkeeps - I'm not so sure it was Penguinbait's bootloader that was the problem.. I launched your bootmenu config and did everything without have any /etc/bootmenu.d or going through the installation process.. so the config files for it probably hadn't been setup yet and thus it wrote a bootmenu with no options but flash..

Thats if I understand your explanations here correctly.. So it was probably my fault for not creating any files to tell it what to create..

And when I did the deblet-installer last night I just said "no" when I got to your bootmenu and it worked fine .. so I can still use Penguinbait's lol.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Also STSkeeps - I'm not so sure it was Penguinbait's bootloader that was the problem.. I launched your bootmenu config and did everything without have any /etc/bootmenu.d or going through the installation process.. so the config files for it probably hadn't been setup yet and thus it wrote a bootmenu with no options but flash..
Okies - I'll look into what happens without any items later tonight then
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Okies - I'll look into what happens without any items later tonight then
Boom, stalled initfs. I'll reflash and see what is happening Thanks for the bug hint
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

I didn't need to reflash.. it would go into a constant loop if i tried to hold the menu key.. but if I just let it boot on it's own it went into flash just fine.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Boom, stalled initfs. I'll reflash and see what is happening Thanks for the bug hint
Yup, that was it. I found the bug and fixed it in bootmenu-src.tar.gz and the bootmenu deb - so it should be fine now

Sh breaks at odd places at times. Bug was not adding a if [ -f /etc/bootmenu.d/*.item ] before running for x in /etc/bootmenu.d/*.item ..

We may have solved the Diablo .install problem now - could some of you verify this?

I am currently going through the full deblet graphical installer and I have to say: This is AWESOME!!! By far one of the best additions to Deblet since Deblet itself.. VERY easy.. VERY clean....

One Suggestion

Ask me if I want to use A) lenny (stable) or B) Sid (unstable)

Save me the trouble of doing an apt-get dist-upgrade as soon as I get done ;D (diablo installer works ... I will try you bootmenu installer as well)

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I am currently going through the full deblet graphical installer and I have to say: This is AWESOME!!! By far one of the best additions to Deblet since Deblet itself.. VERY easy.. VERY clean....

One Suggestion

Ask me if I want to use A) lenny (stable) or B) Sid (unstable)

Save me the trouble of doing an apt-get dist-upgrade as soon as I get done ;D (diablo installer works ... I will try you bootmenu installer as well)

http://trac.tspre.org/projects/deblet/changeset/136

I installed diablo.install first and bootmenu second. When I boot and select "Deblet on mmcblk1p1," I put into an endless loop and it will only boot from flash.

Ok.. New note:

Don't run the bootmenu installer from SD (at least for me).

In the cloned SD boot the MMC cards are backwards from both flash and debian..

meaning that /dev/mmcblk1p2 is my external in SD Diablo, but in Flash and for the bootmenu it is /dev/mmcblk0p2 - do not know why. So when I installed the bootmenu from SD I would select to boot to Deblet and immediately get "boot failed, booting from flash"

Other note.. the Bootmenu installer only makes an entry for deblet and flash =-(.. After loading that i lost the entry for my boot to SD.. I think you should add Penguinbait-like capability in searching for available ext2/3 partitions and prompting the user (Which Partitions would you like added to the bootmenu?) Including maybe a name?? Otherwise if it's automatic just call it "unknown" ... or something lol.

Now.. the installer DID work.. it's just.. my SD cards are flopped and that was the way the bootmenu wrote so I had to reload penguinbait's anyway..

Tags
debian, deblet, deblet bootmenu installer