Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
XZ1 rumours If true, looks like I'll take my money elsewhere.
Where are the groundbreaking rumors?
Ist the XZ1 coming with a proper OS? Otherwise there are so many other dumb Android phones out there where you can choose from...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Where are the groundbreaking rumors?
Ist the XZ1 coming with a proper OS? Otherwise there are so many other dumb Android phones out there where you can choose from...
I look at the spec of the device, and to see if it comes with an unlockable bootloader, so I can port Sailfish to it. I don't care about any software feature junk, just what the physical device specifications are.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
So wha't so special about this XZ1? Still the same Xperia.

Only if they would finally make Compact with 2 sims, now that's another story.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Why do you want that feature? When fingerprint will be available, you will have to use your power button for unlock your device, (assuming that you will use fingerprint), so that feature will be unnecessary, at least for me as happens right now with Android
Indeed. I hope it will be possible to turn off the fingerprint unlocking feature. It is just about the most insecure lock mechanism invented.

Remember, fingerprint equals to "username", not "password"

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Remember, fingerprint equals to "username", not "password"
This is the single smartest thing I've seen written on the internet in weeks, so I thought it would bear repeating

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
it's actually equals to password... in terms of it's complexity and not being known to everyone
and pin code is also just a password

2 fact auth wins it all

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to virgi26 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I don't really care for a finger print sensor. Ever since N9 a double tap always felt a natural way to wake up my phones. I have them face on on a desk and just double tap wakes up the screen, I hate using side power button.

But of course everyone is different!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Just bought XZs probadly locked with shitty operator lock but the phone itself is in the list of open device program so let's see if SFOS will be ported in 2018.... I am willing to help make that happen...

edit: Nope asked op today and they said their phones is never locked that hopefully means the phone can be easy rooted without hassle. Let see next week

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2017-08-31 at 19:51.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
So James Noori seems to have replied to the comments on the blog post yesterday. I am paraphrasing his comments (and adding my inferences) for those who does not want to go through all:
- For US and Canada payment system is the hindrance (Seems like it will be solved). For other regions he does not make any comments (So we can assume they will not be supported ever).
What about BREXIT and support after that?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by virgi26 View Post
it's actually equals to password... in terms of it's complexity and not being known to everyone
and pin code is also just a password

2 fact auth wins it all
True, if you write your password down in plaintext every time you touch anything , anywhere, and if you only want to change it 9 times in your life without needing to take your socks off.

then there's this
And of course, it's even easier than the $5 wrench, cos it doesn't matter if you pass out or die when blackhat cuts your finger off.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x