mine has showed the same behaviour no drops or anything it started this out of blue. i do however receive ims with no problem but it shows their full email rather than just names and as everyone has pointed you cannot see the online or offline status of your contacts in contacts view

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Same here. Glad I'm not alone.

same here .. hope anyone would suggest a solution

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
I've reflashed emmc + rootfs (fiasco) and still doesn't work for me either. I'm so confused. my n900 just stopped recognizing my gtalk contacts. in the manual it says "When an existing account is activated, your contacts are automatically fetched from the account server and added to your contacts list". Why would this just stop working? Even after completely wiping the phones memory, it still doesn't fetch my contacts.

Edit: IM with gtalk is also confirmed to not be working on my n810.

I emailed nokia tech support, but now I'm wondering if it really is on google's end. I'm puzzled though because i can log into gtalk no problem with my palm pre and my ipad. Whatever is going on, i don't like it.

Last edited by joeD; 2011-08-20 at 04:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to joeD For This Useful Post:
Finally I have some peace of mind that this is a not a problem that only my handset has...

Looking at the various scenario, this problem has started only yesterday (19th August 2011), and dropping the phone or reboot is not the problem nor an update...

what i can this about is, was there anything google changed? which requires to be set or updated in our N900

Will be good if some expert can take a look & help us all

I have this too. Also, when I try to send a message, it asks me to select my own account. I also notice that online status for a contact *is* shown in the that actual conversation window...

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have the same problem with my N810 and Gtalk. The connection started to fail yesterday.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki
Same here. Since I experienced the same problem with Ubuntu 10.4, while 10.10 was working fine, I presume google changed something that rendered Google-talk incompatible with old versions of telepathy-gabble.

Indeed, getting the new packages from the telepathy PPA solved the problem in Ubuntu 10.4. So all we need is just someone who would compile a newer version of telepathy-gabble for the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardy For This Useful Post:
Same here.

I thought this was an issue I get sometimes, where the desktop contacts dont get any status but the rest works (which normally is fixed with a quick reboot), so I've been messing around wirh everything, but it seems it's not that.

Maemo gods, why have thou forsaken us!

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by mardy View Post
So all we need is just someone who would compile a newer version of telepathy-gabble for the N900.
And for N8X0 too, please.