Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by oKtosiTe View Post
Interesting. I removed fMMS a few weeks ago.
0.3.1 does indeed seem to run normally.
It probably has left an entry to gconf or there is another application which adds networks without name.

If you are interested you could could run this and look, if you can identify it:
gconftool-2 -a /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/3de3d8eb-5171-4e52-9b56-ad3a42997f3e

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
It probably has left an entry to gconf or there is another application which adds networks without name.

If you are interested you could could run this and look, if you can identify it:
This is what I get:
Code:
~ $ gconftool-2 -a /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/3de3d8eb-5171-4e52-9b56-ad3a42997f3e
 ipv4_autodns = true
 ipv4_type = AUTO
 type = GPRS
 ask_password = false
 gprs_password = 
 sim_imsi = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 gprs_username = 
 gprs_accesspointname = 
~ $

Last edited by oKtosiTe; 2011-05-10 at 15:21.

I haven't had a chance to extensively test it, but 0.3.1 now appears to be working for me. Thanks for this great app!

Originally Posted by anandv76 View Post
many thanks!

how about the same functionality but instead ot the "trusted network" concept, could it please inlcude "trusted apps" too? e.g. navigation app? the phone currently locks itself automatically even whilst on navigation app with navigation mode on...
I started developing 0.4.0 which will have this functionality.

Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
I haven't had a chance to extensively test it, but 0.3.1 now appears to be working for me. Thanks for this great app!
Good.

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-05-11 at 22:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to make the GUI easier to understand and add more features

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-05-14 at 11:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Those screen shots are looking very promising!

Just a personal opinion, are the red crosses needed, if no applications are selected then it would have the same feature anyway? saving on a cluttered ui as well?

but none the less keep up the great work!

Originally Posted by jasonisdavid View Post
Those screen shots are looking very promising!

Just a personal opinion, are the red crosses needed, if no applications are selected then it would have the same feature anyway? saving on a cluttered ui as well?

but none the less keep up the great work!
There are four reasons why decided to use them:
  • This problem.
  • If you have selected like 5 applications and then you want to disable the functionality for some reason, its much faster to click the X than to go through the applications and disable them all.
  • If you want to disable some function temperately it's much faster this way.
  • It's pretty heavy on CPU to get list of applications so it saves also time and battery, when you have it disabled.

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-05-15 at 13:58.

I may be an isolated case, but I've been forced to uninstall this application due to a strange bug: when not connected to a trusted network and once the 1 hour delay would come up and the device would attempt to lock itself, it would instead make a strange "pinging" sound of some kind and then perform a soft reboot. Obviously not the intended behavior.

Since uninstalling, everything has returned to normal, but if there's anything I can do to help you track down the issue, do let me know.

Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
I may be an isolated case, but I've been forced to uninstall this application due to a strange bug: when not connected to a trusted network and once the 1 hour delay would come up and the device would attempt to lock itself, it would instead make a strange "pinging" sound of some kind and then perform a soft reboot. Obviously not the intended behavior.

Since uninstalling, everything has returned to normal, but if there's anything I can do to help you track down the issue, do let me know.
Since version 0.3.0 the application shouldn't do anything when the phone normally would attempt to lock down :/ It just disables the automatic lock via gconf and opens your phone via dbus, if its locked already when you connect to trusted network. So nothing should happen after the hour.

Only thing related to my application what I think could even crash a phone is mce/systemui. Does this crash your phone and if it does, when?
Code:
import dbus, time

bus = dbus.bus.BusConnection("unix:path=/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket")
object = bus.get_object('com.nokia.mce', '/com/nokia/mce/request')
interface = dbus.Interface(object, dbus_interface='com.nokia.mce.request')

print 'Will lock in 8 seconds..'
time.sleep(8)
try:
	interface.devlock_callback(dbus.Int32("3"), timeout = 0)
except dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
	pass
print 'Will open in 8 seconds..'
time.sleep(8)
try:
	interface.devlock_callback(dbus.Int32("2"), timeout = 0)
except dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
	pass
print 'Test complite.'
Is the 0.3.1-2 working on everyone else?

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-05-16 at 22:00.

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Since version 0.3.0 the application shouldn't do anything when the phone normally would attempt to lock down :/ It just disables the automatic lock via gconf and opens your phone via dbus, if its locked already when you connect to trusted network. So nothing should happen after the hour.

Only thing related to my application what I think could even crash a phone is mce/systemui. Does this crash your phone and if it does, when?

Is the 0.3.1-2 working on everyone else?
Forgive my ignorance, but how would I go about executing this code?

Tags
application, autolock, automatic, connection, locker