Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

How does the size of pcb of GTA04 compare to the N900 case? too small or just right?

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
How does the size of pcb of GTA04 compare to the N900 case? too small or just right?
Size of GTA04 PCB does not matter for Neo900 project, as it's in completely different shape and dimensions. We're starting with GTA04 schematics and components, then modifying them to match Neo900 goals. Of course massive relayouting is needed, but that's rather hard to avoid :P

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
If nano sim makes it easier go nano-sim.

(The sim in my n900 now is nano, shoved into the bit of plastic that came around another nano sim).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnHughes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
well, then we can do: make it 7mm thicker
Okay

PS: Option801 comes with 2 SIM interfaces ;-) A (2nd) micro-SIM holder might fit into the place next to uSD holder, when we cut a hole into plastic and bin one speaker. Err nope, there's an antenna. So *maybe* a combi-holder for uSD and uSIM stacked somehow?
Whatever you might find! Probably just some space for another uSIM (ribbon adapter) should be possible.
Please keep it in mind.

Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
I'd also like to have SIM slot the same, but actually I think I prefer Neo900 with MicroSIM than no Neo900 at all
True (but sad).

P.S.: I am also using some kind of two nano SIMs, normal mini SIMs cut to fit into an adapter. Cutting is easy with sharp scissor/knife (using a 'schablone'). nano is not really much less than micro, right? So we would not win much.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-10-07 at 19:23.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by manishkochar View Post
Just took a quick look at the specs. Liked the InfraRed part. But really resistive touch has to be replaced with capacitive multi-point touch and the IPS display (ideally it should be HD). I strongly recommend including a dual SIM capability.

There's a whole lot of manufacturers offering Android phones at 150 - 200 EUR with IPS and multi-touch displays. I think a 100 - 200 EUR premium should be enough to cover for the sensors proposed for Neo900 and the lovely Maemo.

Willing to pre-order current specs phone for 250 EUR. But if the display is upgraded to HD / IPS with multi-point capacitive touch, I will be happy to buy at 350 EUR.

Willing to evangelize and canvas for fund raisers. Still mourning the death of my beloved N900.
multitouc? for what? capacitive? why, so we lose precision? and sgx531 cant handle HD

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
sidenote: http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/02/h...ck-3g-sd-card/

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Whatever you might find! Probably just some space for another uSIM (ribbon adapter) should be possible.
Please keep it in mind.
sure thing
A dual-SIM would be a great selling point, some users are willing to shell out real money for that feature. And it would be supported genuinely by modem cmdset. BOM cost minimal
Could even compensate the additional 2.5mm ;-P - since user doesn't need to carry a second phone but only a slightly fatter Neo900. And those 2.5 would not only make some comfortable space for juggling sim-holders and modem, that mega-extension also makes space for a lot of new stuff we never even though of yet.
* embedded real backup battery for comfortable hotswap of main battery
* all sorts of radios
* prototyping area you can use as you like
* a second modem module??
* walkie talkie
* HDD
* SSD
* laserpointer ;-P
* phat speakers?
* you-name-it
(disclaimer: this is a brainstorming list, with very limited feasibility evaluation, just no absolute nonsense in there. And of course not all at once will find space)

comments welcome
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-10-09 at 03:05.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
I've seen we will have the choice of the modem.
Excepted the 4G, what is the diffrences between the GTM601 and the GTM801 ?
And the GTM609 seems to be the same than GTM601 with the CDMA. So why the GTM601 is available ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
sure thing
A dual-SIM would be a great selling point, some users are willing to shell out real money for that feature. And it would be supported genuinely by modem cmdset. BOM cost minimal
Could even compensate the additional 2.5mm ;-P - since user doesn't need to carry a second phone but only a slightly fatter Neo900. And those 2.5 would not only make some comfortable space for juggling sim-holders and modem, that mega-extension also makes space for a lot of new stuff we never even though of yet.
* embedded real backup battery for comfortable hotswap of main battery
* all sorts of radios
* prototyping area you can use as you like
* a second modem module??
* walkie talkie
* HDD
* SSD
* laserpointer ;-P
* phat speakers?
* you-name-it
(disclaimer: this is a brainstorming list, with very limited feasibility evaluation, just no absolute nonsense in there. And of course not all at once will find space)

comments welcome
/j
mSATA would be nice

regards

The Following User Says Thank You to 48GX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
sure thing
* you-name-it

comments welcome
/j
Geiger counter a la Polimaster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!