Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
That means off-board voice recognition, i.e. your voice and data on someone else's computer. No thanks.
I share your concerns, but it could at least serve the purpose of usability, which is currently quite limited. So as an option, yes please.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
I will look into it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Ok guys, so apparently that after I reformat my phone I manage to get Saera to "work" or initially I thought it so. As I had mention previously, the first time when I install Saera, first problem I encounter is that after searching for music and contact, I will be stuck on Initializing speech recognition...". And so, I had reformat my phone and reinstall Saera again, this time I manage to get through to "Main screen", however it seem that it skip the searching contact and gallery process and straight jump through to the main page, when I press the mic it doesn't work. Uninstall and Reinstall is not working for me, any ideas gentlemen? I sound like a idiot

The Following User Says Thank You to arthurhkt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arthurhkt View Post
Ok guys, so apparently that after I reformat my phone I manage to get Saera to "work" or initially I thought it so. As I had mention previously, the first time when I install Saera, first problem I encounter is that after searching for music and contact, I will be stuck on Initializing speech recognition...". And so, I had reformat my phone and reinstall Saera again, this time I manage to get through to "Main screen", however it seem that it skip the searching contact and gallery process and straight jump through to the main page, when I press the mic it doesn't work. Uninstall and Reinstall is not working for me, any ideas gentlemen? I sound like a idiot
If your phone has no music or no contacts (which it might not after reflashing) it will not work; I will upload the fix to openrepos later tonight.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
New build uploaded to OpenRepos. Changes:

- New fix for missing music/contacts bug
- Fix time parsing for relative times (if you said "wake me in eight and a half hours" it was previously parsed as "in a half hour")
- TYPING ONLY: lookup what song is playing based on audio fingerprint (now with the option to play a 30-second preview of the recognized song)
- TYPING ONLY: search for food nearby

The two added features need to be typed rather than spoken for Saera to recognize them as I have not got a chance to rebuild the language model yet.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
If your phone has no music or no contacts (which it might not after reflashing) it will not work; I will upload the fix to openrepos later tonight.
Thank You so much for your hardwork . However, I do have contact and music in my phone, only my music is located at my SDCard, does that consider as no as well?

The Following User Says Thank You to arthurhkt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
That means off-board voice recognition, i.e. your voice and data on someone else's computer. No thanks.
+1 for me.

There ist Siri, Google Now, Cortana and Alexa with full surveillance capabilities and there is Saera with full show effect "Look-what-I-can-do-with-my-phone"

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arthurhkt View Post
Thank You so much for your hardwork . However, I do have contact and music in my phone, only my music is located at my SDCard, does that consider as no as well?
It should count, I will have to check. I only just realized that I never hit 'save' last night, so the new version was only now pushed to openrepos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Still doesn't work...
keeps spinning at the speech recognition initialization

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Tahnks Taixzo for your hard work but still It never worked for me, always stay stuck on speech recognition...
Is there something special to do to get it working?
espeak and portaudio are installed, and saera is on its last version 2.1-1
Can we do something to help for the debug?

Tags
saera, speech-to-text