Closed Thread
Hello maxximuscool! Thanks for the reply but
I think there is no WE! mine has no problem. Change the turning control Display orientation to automatic then it should be fine. I don't have any issue with rotation.
If we set the control display orientation that would also mean auto rotate is still enabled and some apps like menu autorotates itself when tilted to portrait right? Well I guess that's ok for now and will wait for the white list feature. Just asked in case there's a solution

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Autorotation is an in application feature. Phone has it's autorotation feature, browser does as well by default.

CSSU doesn't autorotate your phone application unless you're have force rotate enable. And I don't understand your question

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Q: if we disable auto rotation how come whenever we open the phone app it get stuck at landscape even if we set the rotation control to automatic or fixed portrait? Is there any fixes for this while having CSSU installed? At least only for phone app.
try this

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

it will disable rotation @ app menu and task manager but your phone app should be able to go portrait.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myeyegooogles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ New Zealand
So where can I give new Ideas for the next CSSU update ? lol

@maxximuscool
This solves my problem Sorry for confusing you... And thanks for helping still

Originally Posted by myeyegooogles View Post
try this

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

it will disable rotation @ app menu and task manager but your phone app should be able to go portrait.
Thanks! work like a charm

Support question... How or where did you get that command? Coz i'm sure it's not with the original hildon-desktop

Last edited by Radicalz38; 2011-04-21 at 06:09.

maxx please loose the hostile attitude against people that are not as smart as you are. if you dont wanna help please shut up... he is not the only one struggling between rotation, force rotation and auto rotation built in maemo. its pretty good but things like the camera and photo viewer and video are not supposed to rotate the canvas. as i use these much, im forced to turn the feature off most of the time, and is therefor pretty useless to me.

i must say i love the fact that finally my email client works fast and without crashes to desktop or ages of loading before seeing the inbox button. good job!

finally something works after 1.5 years of use! better late then never...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
with the new camera features.. iv noticed that when i start recording a video, it will 'screen lock' on me after so long.. (as in, the powersaving mode thing.. where its locked and there is no screen showing)

so.. the video recording doesnt stay open but it still records though

is there a way to fix this so that it doesnt 'lock' on me while im recording? (it didnt used to)

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
@ sygys,
Hostile attitude? lol
I did not say anything to offending him at all. All i said is I don't understand his question. Because his question is not really a question by the way. Despite the word "right?" at the end.

Anyway his problem had been fixed.

Seems like he installed something unstable. gcontol fixed it. I can never remember those command lol never used it before but seen it in bugs discusion section.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by toki View Post
with the new camera features.. iv noticed that when i start recording a video, it will 'screen lock' on me after so long.. (as in, the powersaving mode thing.. where its locked and there is no screen showing)

so.. the video recording doesnt stay open but it still records though

is there a way to fix this so that it doesnt 'lock' on me while im recording? (it didnt used to)
@toki, @nicolai already answered this in his post here.

MAG has already fixed this as a part of this bug.

This might be a little late. And I know someone has alredy answered this question. But let's answer it in a nice way.

To have a almost-perfect portrait task manager is to enable the force orrientation. Please take note that some app is not rotating to portrait that's why it will cut it's image off.

Name:  Screenshot-20110421-173135.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  22.5 KB

Lets be nice to those who have questions

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garcel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade