Notices

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey webhamster,

just tried your latest git code. Thanks.
And got some errors at first run. You fin the output attached as txt file.
Is this helpful for you to do so? Or may we be more helpful any other way?

@rob_kouw
also a big thanks to you for being so generous and trusting

@webhmaster
started second time and its very slow, some caches are not shown anymore (some are), sometimes the map is not updated/displayed anymore. Starting the old version again returns to old state (so at least database alterations seems to be not harmful for old version). Or did you create a new version? Where? But I do not think so. Downloading overview and details seems to work, but I do not see them updated on map (see above).
Is this the right place to give feedback?

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: txt temp_agtl.txt (15.4 KB, 250 views)

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hey webhamster,

just tried your latest git code. Thanks.
And got some errors at first run. You fin the output attached as txt file.
Is this helpful for you to do so? Or may we be more helpful any other way?

@rob_kouw
also a big thanks to you for being so generous and trusting

@webhmaster
started second time and its very slow, some caches are not shown anymore (some are), sometimes the map is not updated/displayed anymore. Starting the old version again returns to old state (so at least database alterations seems to be not harmful for old version). Or did you create a new version? Where? But I do not think so. Downloading overview and details seems to work, but I do not see them updated on map (see above).
Is this the right place to give feedback?

Cheers
There seem to be some problems with the database. You could try to rename your .agtl/caches.db to something else.

I've also created a bug report on github, which is the best way to report bugs (it's easy to miss or forget about bugs posted on the forum): https://github.com/webhamster/advancedcaching/issues

Please note that the new downloader will be considerably slower than the old one (and there's no way around that), but it'll download the complete cache descriptions (except for the logs and images) now.

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
And if anybody wants to join, I'll be at this geocaching event: http://coord.info/GC3BJ3A

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
And if anybody wants to join, I'll be at this geocaching event: http://coord.info/GC3BJ3A
Would love to meet and "pay you a beer" personally, not only via donation. But seems too far and does not fit in my time schedule

About database you seem to be right. A removal and fresh start looks better.
But now all my caches/notes/history are gone. Have to investigate and find a solution somehow ...

Nevertheless I had a crash:
downloaded some overview (about 8 caches), then downloaded detail for one cache and switched tabs from logs to description or vice versa and suddenly UI hanged and short time later UI disappeared. Process python was still running.
Next time I will use the github for reporting
Attached Files
File Type: txt temp_agtl.txt (1.3 KB, 72 views)

A new AGTL version for the N900 and for the N9 is available at http://www.danielfett.de/privat,blog...aching-n9-n900 and in extras-testing. Please test it and report any bugs!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Looks very great, thank you very much!
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
There seem to be some problems with the database. You could try to rename your .agtl/caches.db to something else.
Yep, of course you were right.
But I did not want to loose my caches history, so I investigated a bit and a bit more of time. And Heureka.

This behaviour of not refreshing the screen and not showing the caches only appeared on a specific part of the map. For the rest of the map everything was fine and smooth. So I moved/zoomed the map around until I could guess, which was the bad guy(s).
Somehow I downloaded a few new caches (do not ask me how, maybe mixing with git version and the temporary cache.db column structuring). And exactly those few caches, which I found, marked and field noted, caused the problem. Deleted them via SQL from DB and voila. Now I can use it again.

Happy caching.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Dear peterleinchen,

SQL! I love working with SQL on a database. What is the way to go? Copied it to a pc? On the N900 itself? Which SQL program?

(I only I knew before how to... I could have added new caches by hand, and just download the details one by one. And I could have deleted those archived caches.)

Thanks, Rob

(Edit: I found SQLite Database Browser for Mac, managed to delete irritating caches, but even after compacting AGTL will not finish any download. I think there is something wrong with the format. Reading seems to be fine though. But anyhow I reinstalled the old database.)

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2012-04-06 at 21:06.

Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Dear peterleinchen,

SQL! I love working with SQL on a database. What is the way to go? Copied it to a pc? On the N900 itself? Which SQL program?

, but even after compacting AGTL will not finish any download. I think there is something wrong with the format. Reading seems to be fine though. But anyhow I reinstalled the old database.)
Hey rob,

simply grab sqlite3 package
apt-get install sqlite3
and you can go with the N900 only (as I almost always do: takes a bit more time, but more fun ...): sqlite3 /home/user/.agtl/caches.db

About your other problems, I dunno know, but my problems derived from (just guessing here, needs to check/compare old and new caches.db, but this time on PC ) database table structure changes.
Did you use the git version and the 0.8.0.7 version at the same time or close to each other? Using the git or newly released version changes your table structure. And using the old program may screw, as it may use a fixed "hardcoded" table structure. And webhamster changed table structure from old version to one of the git versions and again to the latest layout.
But again, just guessing here. For me it worked.

I had made a backup of DB and played with that, until everything was fine.
I would copy back your latest DB (using 0.8.0.5/7) and just start new version (agtl will convert just fine). If the problem was not already in the backup, you should at least go without errors from that status.
I'm afraid, I can't help you more.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
New AGTL seems to be working nicely, thanks!

I still needed to add in the power optimizations though (peterleinchen's method for the screen off detection works nice) to get the background cpu usage down to good levels.

I also wanted to have JPEG satellite image maps support, but only PNG images are currently supported. It turned out it was quite easy to add jpeg support, I did the following to _load_tile in gtkmap.py:

Code:
    @staticmethod
    def _load_tile(filename):
        try:
          surface = cairo.ImageSurface.create_from_png(filename)
        except MemoryError:
          # Try JPEG. Load jpeg image, add alpha channel (32 bits), create imagesurface
          pixbuf24 = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(filename)
          pixbuf = pixbuf24.add_alpha(False, chr(0), chr(0), chr(0))
          pix_data = pixbuf.get_pixels_array()
          surface = cairo.ImageSurface.create_for_data(pix_data, cairo.FORMAT_RGB24, pixbuf.get_width(), pixbuf.get_height(), pixbuf.get_rowstride())
        if surface.get_width() != surface.get_height():
            raise Exception("Image too small, probably corrupted file")
        return surface
Would be more ideal to detect the image format somehow instead of using the exception, but this works ok. The maps source I am using even has ".png" in the url, but when zooming in close enough it turns into a jpeg satellite image. (it is quite nice though )

The Following User Says Thank You to Kegetys For This Useful Post: