Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_16036/cont...tguid=5o9DDa0c

i always feel sorry for the working people. No golden paraschutes, no where to move.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
thats whats nokia get from m$ dude, down down down

Nevertheless, "N900": category isn't good place for this. Move topic to "General" forum...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Slashing costs? Moving most production to China?
WTF, Nokia? Quality is the only reason I still recommend your phones to family and friends.

Whelp, another move that pushes me toward the next premium device manufacturer - Samsung - I have a Tab 8.9, while almost made completely out of plastic, is ridiculously thin and doesn't flex while being held.
The same build quality goes for the SGS2 and GNote. (The same can't be said for the cheaper ones however, the Galaxy Y is rather... squishy.)

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
LOL why would you recommend Nokia phones to people? What have they done to you? I stopped recommending Nokia a year ago.

As far as the story I feel really bad about the workers but I really enjoy stories about Nokia biting the dust. It would be awesome if like Samsung opened some factory there and hire those people just to troll Elop.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
I cant wait to see nokia dissappear from this planet! meltimi phone does not have swipe to return homescreen! symbian meego are dead, wp7 wastes too much money on advertising in time square! but today technology headline news is all about iphone and ipad

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
I'm not defending Elop by any means, I would kick him square in the balls repeatedly until he choked blood if I got my hands on him, he sold Nokia's soul to Microsoft after all. But if you think Samsung or any other large device manufacturer have no production in China, well you're kidding yourself.
To imply that devices can't be of good quality because they were made in China is just generalisation, not all factories nor employers are equal, generalisation is the type of flawed logic that helps ignorant people continue atrocities like racism to this day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
I'm not defending Elop by any means, I would kick him square in the balls repeatedly until he choked blood if I got my hands on him, he sold Nokia's soul to Microsoft after all. But if you think Samsung or any other large device manufacturer have no production in China, well you're kidding yourself.
To imply that devices can't be of good quality because they were made in China is just generalisation, not all factories nor employers are equal, generalisation is the type of flawed logic that helps ignorant people continue atrocities like racism to this day.
No! For the last time, it was the board of directors and elop that sold Nokia to MS.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

instead of doing partnership with MS, nokia should have done partnership with Google...
since google till now doesn't have a faithful partner... a Nexus by HTC a Nexus by Samsung a Nexus by Asus...

@Google - HOW ABOUT A G'PHONE BY NOKIA

Last edited by immi.shk; 2012-04-08 at 06:47.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
instead of doing partnership with MS, nokia should have done partnership with Google...
since google till now doesn't have a faithful partner... a Nexus by HTC a Nexus by Samsung a Nexus by Asus...

@Google - HOW ABOUT A G'PHONE BY NOKIA
They don't need to... Google recently bought Motorola (mobile division).

Btw, to the OP: very ironic topic while I read your username...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: