Poll: Which one would you buy?
Poll Options
Which one would you buy?

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
[...]

maybe you should compare NI[T]DRoid running on N9 with Harmattan instead?

[...]
in fact, an independently of the fact that Android is not in the OP's list of devices, the N9 has both, indeed.
if you have three devices, do you have three SIMs as well?
switch SIMs?

the N9 gives you the best of both world, the functionality of the NOKIA devices (HW + SW) and whatever you feel ANDroid is bringing you.

i won't say you are comparing pears to apples even though the analogy might even apply considering the difference in build quality and functionality...
rather, and to pick up on darkidiot's analogy comparing Ferraris and Yugos you are comparing... the most recent Toyota Auris with a 5 to 10 years old Golf of course the 1st one is going to be faster, more economical, roomier, more comfortable and all

maybe you should compare NIDRoid running on N9 with Harmattan instead?

about dark device versus N9... obviously both are NOKIA, so we are indeed comparing apples with apples
as to the performance, can't help feeling you are comparing a Golf with... a Lada?
maybe you forgot to release the parking brake in the Golf? or stuck in 2nd gear maybe?
Yeah I know it's like comparing apples and oranges but my point was rather don't be loyal to one brand/OS only and bash all else like a fan boy or something. Some talk about other operating systems like utter crap while in fact all of them are good in their own way.

I have ran Nitdroid for a while. Choppy as hell on a N9 as project butter won't work. Voice calls don't work but that's kind of expected. It's nowhere near as smooth on a N9 as a Nexus. Apps seems to run well though. It would be useful for me if the headphone jack worked so i could play emulators but they just won't work unfortunately. Nor does charging. Hopefully fixed for future versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
in fact, an independently of the fact that Android is not in the OP's list of devices, the N9 has both, indeed.
if you have three devices, do you have three SIMs as well?
switch SIMs?

the N9 gives you the best of both world, the functionality of the NOKIA devices (HW + SW) and whatever you feel ANDroid is bringing you.
And yeah I switch sims! With the N9 it's no problem since I can insert it with phone on and active it without reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
[...]

I have ran Nitdroid for a while. Choppy as hell on a N9 as project butter won't work. Voice calls don't work but that's kind of expected. It's nowhere near as smooth on a N9 as a Nexus. Apps seems to run well though. It would be useful for me if the headphone jack worked so i could play emulators but they just won't work unfortunately. Nor does charging. Hopefully fixed for future versions.
which version of Nitdroid did you run / how long ago was it?
i'm asking because one of the reason for me to get a N9 was to run Nit. better then what it does (not ) on the N900...
seems the install can only be done by using ½ of the home partition
on the N900 it is possible to resize MyDocs & adapt boot menu accordingly

I honestly think both cost more than they're worth. And traditionally I've considered Nokias to give the most features per dollar. Not so much any more.

In my country, the Nokia N9 is now more expensive than the LG Optimus 4X HD. That's just weird.

which version of Nitdroid did you run / how long ago was it?
i'm asking because one of the reason for me to get a N9 was to run Nit. better then what it does (not ) on the N900...
seems the install can only be done by using ½ of the home partition
on the N900 it is possible to resize MyDocs & adapt boot menu accordingly
Installed latest alpha5, like two weeks ago. It was alright except the choppyness, loss of headphones & charging and voice calls. I tested FPse emulator, ran as good as on my Nexus in software mode. Titanium Backup worked like a charm. Copied over my backup folder from my Nexus to Nitdroid and resuming them into Nitdroid worked as expected too.

Headphones works on older builds based on ICS instead of Jelly Bean. But that was even choppier and more buggy overall. Not very usable. Emulator didn't work well either. Will have to rely on future alpha releases. It has a lot of potential for sure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
To Lumia 920 or not to Lumia 920, that is the question posed . . .

Well, today I learned that the Lumia 920 is shipping unlocked to Rogers in Canada and . . . wait for it . . . it is pentaband after all!

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/11/nokia...and-after-all/

This means that T-Mobile USA customers should be able to use it, and its fastest hspa+ antenna (42 Mb/s download). Not having to switch to AT&T could change the analysis of some people . . .

Also, it looks like the price of the Lumia 920 will be about $550, as opposed to $650, so we may want to factor in lower cost, too.

As for the the beloved N9, I WOULD HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THE N9 AS THE PERFECT DEVICE if we could either (1) run all Android apps that could be run with our single core device via a compatibility layer (i.e. most single-threaded apps) or (2) have a fully functional Nitdroid experience by correcting the last few issues and polishing/simplifying the whole process. Happily, I have re-gained lost hope that this could happen since I have been delighting in running some Android games on my N9 device via latest tweaks and efforts by THP, Schturman, and many others, though I don't know everyone who helped. Proof? Check this out--it's time to celebrate:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
N9 over any lumia ANYTIME, ANY DAY.
i can deal with lack of mainstream apps, or slugishness or a even a dead platform rather than buying into a locked platform with nothing much to do with the tweakability. WP is like iOS' brother, just with no-apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alee For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Before you express your biases, anyone in possession of Lumia 920? I am curious how it performs and how well is multitasking as compared to iOS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Before you express your biases, anyone in possession of Lumia 920? I am curious how it performs and how well is multitasking as compared to iOS
iOS? multitasking?

which one are you talking about?

[1] true multitasking , freeze the app the in background until user close it
[2] partial multitasking, demonic demon will auto-kill the app in the background whenever they wanted to

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post: