Active Topics

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Portland, OR
Just realized I never got back to this thread with my status. The battery was the issue; New one off eBay got it back up and running Still works to this day in fact.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jonarmani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
N900 survived a trip in a washing machine!
Who'd have thought it.
Thanks for getting back to us.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@sixwheeledbeast
When not connected to power, a lot of elecrronics survive water for a shorter (sometimes longer) period.
Please "wash" it again with pure alcohol (medicine or even better technical iso-propyl or similar, do not remember proper name right now) and then let it dry out in closed bowl of rice (or if you have silica) for a few days. Take care of camera module (remove forehand if possible). Of course all that without battery

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@sixwheeledbeast
When not connected to power, a lot of elecrronics survive water for a shorter (sometimes longer) period.
Please "wash" it again with pure alcohol (medicine or even better technical iso-propyl or similar, do not remember proper name right now) and then let it dry out in closed bowl of rice (or if you have silica) for a few days. Take care of camera module (remove forehand if possible). Of course all that without battery
It was more the fact it was washing machine, they are quite violent on spin cycle.
I do agree that any water ingress that occurred still could cause issues later down the line.
It is isopropyl alcohol, but surely this far down the line cleaning the PCB will not make a huge difference; it did happen 3 years ago. Any corrosion etc will have happened already.

It definitely wouldn't hurt though if you are capable of taking your device apart.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
hi all bros i have nokia n900 when i try to connect with any computer or laptop its showing usb device not recognize any 1 can help me please i wana flash my nokia n900 pls reply me on amanat_ashraf@yahoo.com

Tags
nokia n900, water damage