Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Why a Jolla 1? It's terribly outdated hw.
It still works just fine for me, running all the latest and greatest applications like OSM Scout Server and WhoGo Maps (although velox is right that you shouldn't get it to run Android applications at this point, because they've either become incompatible with the Android support or incompatible with 1GB of RAM). Unfortunately this also means I'm not selling, sorry!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
I might have a spare Jolla 1 to sell. It's not brand new, but most of the time it was in my shelf being used just for some sw experiments. Where do you live?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Aug 2017 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
I might have a spare Jolla 1 to sell. It's not brand new, but most of the time it was in my shelf being used just for some sw experiments. Where do you live?
Hi, I live in Spain. How much would you sell the phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by Kalatti View Post
Hi, I live in Spain. How much would you sell the phone?
Hmm, I guess I'd ask 50EUR + shipping, where shipping is either now from Canada, or, in the first week of September from Europe (Czechia/Austria/Poland-ia).

BTW, have U seen this https://together.jolla.com/question/...-for-sale-auz/ ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
kalatti, one last thing: have you considered the xperia x compact?
its SO nice, and works more or less the same as the xperia x.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Aug 2017 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
Hmm, I guess I'd ask 50EUR + shipping, where shipping is either now from Canada, or, in the first week of September from Europe (Czechia/Austria/Poland-ia).

BTW, have U seen this https://together.jolla.com/question/...-for-sale-auz/ ?
Hi, I'm interested. Could you tell me what state the phone is in (screen, borders, etc.)? I would also like to see some photos, can you send me some by private message? Thank you very much

The Following User Says Thank You to Kalatti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
kalatti, one last thing: have you considered the xperia x compact?
its SO nice, and works more or less the same as the xperia x.
Well ts nice, but the SailfishOS is still 2.1.3 on Xperia Compact. Thats why i don't like ported devices with no official support.

There are a lot of good ports like One Plus X, Fairphone 2 etc.

But they have (officially) no commercial Parts like Alien Dalvik, XT9, Exchange Activesync and it takes very long until you get next SailfishOS Update

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Well ts nice, but the SailfishOS is still 2.1.3 on Xperia Compact. Thats why i don't like ported devices with no official support.

There are a lot of good ports like One Plus X, Fairphone 2 etc.

But they have (officially) no commercial Parts like Alien Dalvik, XT9, Exchange Activesync and it takes very long until you get next SailfishOS Update
Indeed, so many great devices with outdated ports. Someone puts in the effort to port it, puts in more effort for one or two updates, then quits or moves on to another device, rinse and repeat. I could live without the proprietary parts, but Sailfish updates usually have more improvements than regressions, and it's a terrible feeling when you're on a lower version knowing some of the things that irk you have already been fixed in later versions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You've committed the cardinal sin, nthn. Cue the usual , "it's open, do it yourself"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: