Active Topics

Notices

Does rockpool work with rebbleOS?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Does rockpool work with rebbleOS?
It will, the main developers have assured me it will work with the libpebble stuff from ubuntu, which is what rockpool is based on. Working with them to ensure we have something usable.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Many Thx for Rockpool. It was working on my old Jolla and my Sony Xperia X without any problems, last also yet.

But on my Sony Xperia X Dual Sim I have trouble. The new initialisation will not work. Nothing will do after clicking fw-initialisation for my Pebble so I used my older Xperia which is still working. Then the pebble was also found by Rockpool on Dual Sim Xperia. But searching for apps and watchfaces does not work, searchin endless without result. On older Xperia no problem again.
I thought it could be a problem of the qt5-qtwebsockets which come orginally by SFOS so I used pkcon to install the one from openrepos. But still problem shown. Any Idea what I can do? Maybe still wrong qt5-qtwebsockets?

[root@Sailfish nemo]# pkcon get-details qt5-qtwebsockets
Resolving [ ] (0%) More than one package matches:
1. qt5-qtwebsockets-5.7.0-10.24.1.jolla.armv7hl [installed]
2. qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.armv7hl [jolla]
3. qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.source [jolla]
Please choose the correct package: 1

Getting details
Querying
Finished
Package description
package: qt5-qtwebsockets-5.7.0-10.24.1.jolla.armv7hl
summary: Qt 5 WebSockets Library
license: Qt
group: programming
description: Qt is a set of libraries for developing applications.

This package contains base tools, like string, xml, and network
handling.
size: 177830 bytes
url: http://qt.digia.com

I've now installed zypper so I try it again as described.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uddeejar For This Useful Post:
Ok, now it's back to the version before I've used pkcon to install the openrepos version:

[root@Sailfish nemo]# zypper in --from=jolla qt5-qtwebsockets
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
qt5-qtwebsockets

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 63.0 KiB. After the operation, additional 178.8 KiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y): y
Retrieving package qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.armv7hl (1/1), 63.0 KiB (178.8 KiB unpacked)
Retrieving: qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.armv7hl.rpm .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................[done]
Installing: qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1 .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................[done]
Additional rpm output:
warning: /var/cache/zypp/packages/jolla/qt/armv7hl/qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.armv7hl.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f2633ee0: NOKEY

[root@Sailfish nemo]# pkcon get-details qt5-qtwebsockets
Resolving [ ] (0%) More than one package matches:
1. qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.armv7hl [installed]
2. qt5-qtwebsockets-5.7.0-10.24.1.jolla.armv7hl [openrepos-coderus]
3. qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.source [jolla]
Please choose the correct package: 1

Getting details
Querying
Finished
Package description
package: qt5-qtwebsockets-5.5.1-1.2.1.armv7hl
summary: Qt 5 WebSockets Library
license: LGPLv2+
group: unknown
description: The QtWebSockets module implements the WebSocket protocol as specified in RFC
6455. It solely depends on Qt (no external dependencies).
size: 183094 bytes
url: http://qt.digia.com

But no difference as before. Still cannot select watchfaces or apps for my pebble.
Any hints are welcome ;-)

Thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uddeejar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Any new version of Rockpool compatible with Rebble servers ???
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hello,

maybe is this already mentioned somewhere in thread, but still, it might came handy for somebody

I had to make factory format on Jolla C (latest 2.2.0.29) and and also formatted Pebble Time Steel.

I initiated BT search on Jolla and when Pebble poped up, selected and confirmed pairing. Unfortunatelly, after a few seconds BT connection dropped. Rebooted Jolla, turned Pebble off -- no luck, pairing didnt't work.

Today I left searching for BT devices a bit longer and when came back there were 2 Pebbles listed:

- Pebble Time LE 4707
- Pebble Time 4707

1st one was the one that always appeared first, so I choose second one and to my surprise Jolla asked to confirm number code (which was not the case before) and after that - pairing was successfull.

So, if you have problem with pairing, leave BT search utill end and check, if there are more than 1 Pebble device listed

Firmware upgrade went OK (via Rockpool), but no watchfaces or watch apps are found

Unfortunatelly I don't have backup of previousely installed apps/watchfaces, so I'm stuck with default for the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Hello,

maybe is this already mentioned somewhere in thread, but still, it might came handy for somebody

I had to make factory format on Jolla C (latest 2.2.0.29) and and also formatted Pebble Time Steel.

I initiated BT search on Jolla and when Pebble poped up, selected and confirmed pairing. Unfortunatelly, after a few seconds BT connection dropped. Rebooted Jolla, turned Pebble off -- no luck, pairing didnt't work.

Today I left searching for BT devices a bit longer and when came back there were 2 Pebbles listed:

- Pebble Time LE 4707
- Pebble Time 4707

1st one was the one that always appeared first, so I choose second one and to my surprise Jolla asked to confirm number code (which was not the case before) and after that - pairing was successfull.

So, if you have problem with pairing, leave BT search utill end and check, if there are more than 1 Pebble device listed

Firmware upgrade went OK (via Rockpool), but no watchfaces or watch apps are found

Unfortunatelly I don't have backup of previousely installed apps/watchfaces, so I'm stuck with default for the moment.
Rockpool is no longer working with the new rebble servers AFAIK. It seems that the developer is no longer supporting.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maerom For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maerom View Post
Rockpool is no longer working with the new rebble servers AFAIK. It seems that the developer is no longer supporting.

Not sure, but that probably depends if you signed up on rebble, connecting your pebble account, in due time. There were some info and warning on Rebbles site about this. Otherwise, it "should" work transparent.

Edit: Read this https://rebble.io/2018/06/13/get-ready-to-rebble.html

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Not sure, but that probably depends if you signed up on rebble, connecting your pebble account, in due time. There were some info and warning on Rebbles site about this. Otherwise, it "should" work transparent.

Edit: Read this https://rebble.io/2018/06/13/get-ready-to-rebble.html
To sign up in time was needed to transfer personal settings. That's all. You should be able to register anytime. However, there is a new pebble firmware that you can download from rebble.io and I think flashing the watch with it is compulsory to use the new rebble servers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maerom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Hi
I do not see anymore events from my calendar in the watch.
From the logs, I can see:
"Unable to create calendar database directory: "/home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal"

Could that be it? Otherwise any clue how to reset the calendar db in the pebble watch so that it connects again with the calendar in the phone?

To give a bit more details, I have plenty of entries in my calendar that are available in the phone and I used to see them in the watch by pressing the down-right button. Now I can only see watch alarms but nothing more...

PS: I use latest rockpool and everything else works ok

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch