Active Topics

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Updated Intex with ssu release, no problems.
Jolla 1 instead, using the update in settings, was locked with the full white progress bar and I had to remove the battery. After a reboot everything works excpet the virtual keyboard, it does not appear at all!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
Updated Intex with ssu release, no problems.
Jolla 1 instead, using the update in settings, was locked with the full white progress bar and I had to remove the battery. After a reboot everything works excpet the virtual keyboard, it does not appear at all!
Hi,

Do you have OkBoard? If you have, disable it and install new version. Should work after that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaari For This Useful Post:
Not quite that lucky here.
Guys, stop updating LOL
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Where are sent emails stored on the device?

I have encountered a strange thing. I was composing an email but half way through I realized i had to refer to something in an earlier email from the same person and the only way to get back to it was to exit the email I was composing which put it in Drafts. When I got back to finish my draft and send it, it bounced with the recipient's server complaining that my email was "not RFC compliant" because it contained "multiple From headers".

I can successfully reproduce the issue at will, as long as the recipient's email is blablabla@gmail.com. I have tried other destinations but not yet found one that triggers the same issue.

When I inspected my sent email, the one that gmail was complaining about, in another email client that can show the full headers, I do not see any duplicate headers, but it might be that my client is trying to be clever and merging duplicates.

Hence my question, where are the sent emails stored on the device, in their raw form? The obvious places did not yield anything useful.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Is it just me or something is not right? Just bought a used Xperia X, unlocked bootloader myself, bought a Sailfish license, installed it and found two problems. First is that i cannot get google play to install o even work. Second problem is that Android support does not work after 2 updates on 2.2.1.18. Any ideas?
I cannot even start Android Support from menu

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Is it just me or something is not right? Just bought a used Xperia X, unlocked bootloader myself, bought a Sailfish license, installed it and found two problems. First is that i cannot get google play to install o even work. Second problem is that Android support does not work after 2 updates on 2.2.1.18. Any ideas?
I cannot even start Android Support from menu
For issue 1) you can try this unofficial and unsupported community guide:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-on-xperia-x/

For issue number 2) - I guess try checking journal to see if there are any errors ? Also it should be possible to reinstall Android support via the store app.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
For issue 1) you can try this unofficial and unsupported community guide:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-on-xperia-x/

For issue number 2) - I guess try checking journal to see if there are any errors ? Also it should be possible to reinstall Android support via the store app.
My biggest problem seems to be that i have no authorization to move files to /opt/alien/system/priv-app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
did the upgrade on my Xperia X yesterday (my daily use device. The "for tests" Jolla 1 was done earlier)

Like for a few other users, when reaching 100%, the upgrade process stops and freezes instead of rebooting into the fresh new system as it should.

Did take a few step to investigate.

the Xperia X is showing on the USB bus.

but it doesn't show on the network (I've set it up to to automatically default to "dev mode")

in fact it's not showing up as a usb-network device at all.

it shows up as a Linux File-CD Gadget (a type of hybrid device that both shsows up as flash (e.g.: /dev/sde) and as an emulated CD-ROM drive (e.g.: /dev/sg1) )

LOLWUT?!?

forcing the reboot manually (power + volume up) brings everything back to normal and boots into the brand new 2.2.1.18

Seems to me that it's linked to something on the Qualcom SoC ('s firmware ?) going bonkers instead of performing the necessary reboot.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Where are sent emails stored on the device?
Nobody knows?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Nobody knows?
What do you mean?

in the mail application?
> In the Sent folder

In filesystem?
> Where all other mails are stored:
Code:
/home/nemo/.qmf/mail