Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I think we deserve a new thread, rather than hiding it in the Sailfish X thread.

To start it off, is it just me or have the new photos started being added to the end of the list in Gallery? At first I thought they were not being added at all and I wiped my thumbnails and then watched them being recreated in Gallery... at the back. All pictures taken before the system upgrade were ordered newest at the front, all those taken after the upgrade were newest at the back. Did the database refresh in Utilities, same result.

Mind you, I consider the "newest at the end" order more logical, but "newest at the front" is fine too. Not this weird mix though.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I have tested right now and I can't confirm this on my X. Where do you store new photos? I save them internally and move them time to time to sd card later on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unreasonable Behaviour For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
To start it off, is it just me or have the new photos started being added to the end of the list in Gallery? At first I thought they were not being added at all and I wiped my thumbnails and then watched them being recreated in Gallery... at the back. All pictures taken before the system upgrade were ordered newest at the front, all those taken after the upgrade were newest at the back. Did the database refresh in Utilities, same result.
Mine is in chronological order, i.e. newest on top. Check your pic metadata Date field.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Unreasonable, internally and move, just like you.

@pagis, I also have them newest on top, until I take a new one.
ThatT gets added at the bottom.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
A new thread?? What’s is going on?

Is it an upgrade or downgrade. Is it official or something else ?

Only for MrX and not for the original gangsta jPhone?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-09-05 at 20:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@pagis, I also have them newest on top, until I take a new one.
ThatT gets added at the bottom.
I just took a new picture, it appears at the top of the gallery. My camera settings are configured to store pics directly on SD card, I also have around 2.8k pics, from previous years and devices, in other folders, they still appear on a chronological order in gallery.

Actually, earlier today I did reset the media database, and rebooted the device (I did reboot because after the db reset the gallery had 0 pics, so I did the reboot after 10min or so, there might be an issue actually there).

Last edited by pagis; 2018-09-05 at 20:39.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
I just took a new picture, it appears at the top of the gallery. My camera settings are configured to store pics directly on SD card, I also have around 2.8k pics, from previous years and devices, in other folders, they still appear on a chronological order in gallery.
Ok. So it is a hot-fix for galley app. Gr8!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
The email app has greatly improved in speed. opening attached pdfs was a real pain before and now works nicely. I know because i open about 5 pdf order attachments per day and since yesterday it feels like someone pulled a stick from the gears.

xperia x specific i can not see much improvement.
At first i thought wake-up-freeze was fixed but i got it in usual frequency if the phone wakes from sleep...
I am sad that bluetooth issues still persit. I actually listen to music much fewer since i use xperia x and my JBLs are collecting dust

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
xperia x specific i can not see much improvement.
At first i thought wake-up-freeze was fixed but i got it in usual frequency if the phone wakes from sleep...
I am sad that bluetooth issues still persit. I actually listen to music much fewer since i use xperia x and my JBLs are collecting dust
...but thanks god and other creatures, icons and emojis look much better now...

--

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
My Xperia X F5122 with Sailfish works with JBL bluetooth speakers.
Only Jolla Tablet doesn't since some update 6 or more months ago, even with the same Sailfish OS version used on Xperia X.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: