Notices

Hi everyone,
After reading Benson's post about screen rotation and the HP calculator, I tried to build TiEmu on scratchbox in portrait mode.
I was wrong saying it was the screen resolution which was preventing the skin (and the buttons) to appear.
In fact, since TiEmu was being built in an ARM environment, it used specific ipaq optimisations for the screen (other skin, another way to get the menu...). In Maemo, it was impossible to get the skin because of that changes. Disabling them solved all skin problems.
It is not as slow as the HP emulator, but it is four times slower than my Ti-89 Titanium to draw the sinus function (Xres = 1, Ymin = -1, Ymax = 1, Xscl = YScl = 1, Xmin = -2*Pi, Xmax = 2*Pi ; 15 seconds versus 60 seconds).

Changes from the original version
  • Configure.ac modified to disable iPaq-specific code when built on ARM.
  • Pressing F4 (menu key on N800/N810) brings the menu
  • It uses by default the iPaq skins, they aren't pretty on an high-resolution screen, but they work better than the standarts skins (without "zooming", the keys are too small on each skin, in standart mode, some keys aren't displayed with the standart skin, neither in x2 zoom).
  • Pressing F6 toggles full-screen mode

Known problems
  • If you press a key with your stylus, don't "release" it on another key. If you do that, you will lose the ability to press another key. In that case, simply click on the key on which you should have released your stylus.
  • The TiLP libraries packages are really quick&dirty (no changes, no description...). But they work :-)
  • I feel a little dumb because I didn't saw before the TiEmu 3 version without GDB ; it was this debugger which was causing some problems while recompiling...

Video
Modified source code

Install now

EDIT : Works in landscape mode with iPaq skin and x1 zoom. It isn't usable, but it works ;-) Just don't try fullscreen mode in landscape mode, it's really, really slow. You will quit before seeing the menu.

EDIT (2) : (to fms) : I saw your post about Cyclone, but my skills in C are really too low for that, sorry ;-)

EDIT (3) : You can use a Ti-92+ ROM to get a good fullscreen landscape skin (thanks to OSEmuTech :-)).

Last edited by Yann Benigot; 2008-03-23 at 13:10.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Yann Benigot For This Useful Post:
Fabulous

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Crap this is awesome! Thank you Yann! It is fast and stable so far. I'm not experiencing any "key press problem" mentioned.

Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Last edited by OSEmuTech; 2008-03-23 at 05:41. Reason: PS: And I don't need screen rotation or a real keyboard either.

Hum. It's not the fastest graphing, but bearable. BTW, I'm using the ROM from a TI-92+ in order to use this skin with no rotation or real keyboard. Here's three plots:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OSEmuTech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
w00t, a proper calculator ^-^. thanks

You're welcome :-)
OSEmuTech: thanks :-)

Can a moderator change the title of this subject to "New port : TiEmu 2" ? I already tried to edit (first to remove the horrible mistake in "requiered/required", then to remove "Screen rotation or real keyboard requiered"), but it don't change the subject title.

Originally Posted by Yann Benigot View Post
EDIT (2) : (to fms) : I saw your post about Cyclone, but my skills in C are really too low for that, sorry ;-)
Cyclone does not requires any superior skills to use, really. You just need to download the Cyclone source code, run the included code generator to create a huge assembly file with the 68000 emulation, include this file into your emulator build, and write some simple C wrapper that converts between Cyclone CPU state structure and your CPU state structure. That's all.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway
Tried it and got it working
though after i closed it the first time after installation, and put on screen lock, i got no response and it seemed to have turned itself off. didnt reboot normally (the blue ring didnt light, it just booted) and after that it ran extremely slowly and tiemu wouldnt start. i rebooted the tablet properly and its all working now. weird, and i dunno if it was even related
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...reenshot29.png

I have collected a couple of TI calcs over the years and have spent many hours trying to compile TiEmu in scratchbox using the non-iPaq sources, so am very delighted to have this fully functioning TI emulator working on my N800 finally!

This morning I downloaded the TI-89/92+ Guidebook (User's Guide) and switched between Evince and TiEmu working through the examples this afternoon to become refamiliar with how to do everything. So far it's been able to do everything just like a real TI calculator (but more portable).

Great job!
I'm using the Voyage 200 rom image, there was some error in the program (tiemu2 wanted a "ipaq_00plt.skn while the right file name was ipaq_v200plt.skn), but that came to my advance: while fiddling to fix the error copying and renaming the skins' files I realized that the TI-92+ and the Voyage 200 are about the same calculator, with the same key layout (almost), so I used the ti92 ipaq skin renaming it to the wanted filename and voilą, a fully functional Voyage 200 in full screen landscape mode and no glitches (the ipaq_v200plt.skn is in fact a ti89 skin with a vertical keyboard added to the right side, it works ok only in portrait mode, while the other v200 sking isn't very usable and trying to load the ti92 skin while running the program freezes the program itself)