Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh God. So we're back to hoping Nokia will open something up again? This is a song I've heard for years and it gets tiresome. Does ANYBODY have an ear of someone at Nokia? Isn't that sort of what the Maemo counsel was supposed to be?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Oh God. So we're back to hoping Nokia will open something up again? This is a song I've heard for years and it gets tiresome. Does ANYBODY have an ear of someone at Nokia? Isn't that sort of what the Maemo counsel was supposed to be?
I see you have quite few thanks on your back. But why do you need to harrash like this (YES, I saw you post about my type) Reported you for this dude

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I see you have quite few thanks on your back. But why do you need to harrash like this (YES, I saw you post about my type) Reported you for this dude
I see you have only been here for much less than a year. But why do you THINK this was harassment instead of a comment about the process at hand based on the time I've been experiencing Nokia's "world class" of support for their community? You can report all you like, but it doesn't really address the problem nor my question: Is there ANYBODY who can actually alleviate the situation and get someone from Nokia to help address opening this stuff up?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
we not hoping nokia, we waiting community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
I see you have only been here for much less than a year. But why do you THINK this was harassment instead of a comment about the process at hand based on the time I've been experiencing Nokia's "world class" of support for their community? You can report all you like, but it doesn't really address the problem nor my question: Is there ANYBODY who can actually alleviate the situation and get someone from Nokia to help address opening this stuff up?
I choose to ignore your comment around my period being registered here, it is pittyfull. like Coderus said, we try to help, being a community, not necesarily having the need to wait for Nokia. As nice as it would have been, this community have achieved a lot, without the support from Nokia.

I choose to ignore your comment around my period being registered here, it is pittyfull. like Coderus said, we try to help, being a community, not necesarily having the need to wait for Nokia. As nice as it would have been, this community have achieved a lot, without the support from Nokia.
I chose to ignore your comment about discounting the thanks people have given me as well, that was genuinely spiteful and it was a dishonest distraction from my comment and question about how Nokia supports the community. If Nokia makes statements about openness and support to their Maemo/MeeGo/etc community, why isn't it important to remind them about their own statements? More importantly, why is such resistance acceptable to an open community? Isn't the charter of the Maemo council to open communications with Nokia on behalf of the community?

I understand there has been much done despite Nokia's lack of support--but there's also been a lot of talent and good people lost to it as well.

I chose to ignore your comment about discounting the thanks people have given me as well, that was genuinely spiteful and it was a dishonest distraction from my comment and question about how Nokia supports the community. If Nokia makes statements about openness and support to their Maemo/MeeGo/etc community, why isn't it important to remind them about their own statements? More importantly, why is such resistance acceptable to an open community? Isn't the charter of the Maemo council to open communications with Nokia on behalf of the community?

I understand there has been much done despite Nokia's lack of support--but there's also been a lot of talent and good people lost to it as well.
good. I get your point. I take still the freedom to ask Nokia, without expecting any response.

good. I get your point. I take still the freedom to ask Nokia, without expecting any response.
It's not really freedom if you bought something and you're not allowed to fully utilize the thing you supposedly "own."

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Seriously, I am starting to believe that I am in some kind of parallel universe.

So, I unpacked the tarball, ran dpkg-buildpackage, booted the kernel and it worked. Got the usual warranty void warning, then had to reenter the passwords as it happens if you go from closed to open mode without flashing.

Zarro problems.

So what are you gentlemen up to?

EDIT: maybe n9 has a different kernel version actually? what do "uname -r" and "dpkg -l kernel" say?

Last edited by javispedro; 2012-03-11 at 00:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
For your convenience, here's the kernel build I used: zImage-2.6.32.48-dfl61-20115101-vainilla. Please keep reading for at least a few messages before flashing this!
Vainilla means "unpatched", as in, it's just a dpkg-buildpackage as by the above instructions.

Booting this will get you the unclean flag (and thus aegisfs will die and you will need to reenter the passwords), but not disable aegis.

I will later produce another kernel with the unseal patch, which is all I need -- but what problems are you getting with other kernels?

EDIT: Seems that the aegis-fully-disabled version might be published soon so I'll wait.

Last edited by javispedro; 2012-03-11 at 04:52.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:

Tags
aegis, open kinda