Active Topics

Notices

Unofficial Pebble smartwatch support for Sailfish.

Package: https://openrepos.net/content/abranson/rockpool

Code: https://github.com/abranson/rockpool

Rockpool is a Sailfish port of the Ubuntu Touch application RockWork, which is a port of the Sailfish application Pebbled, which can trace its history back through several other Pebble apps. It exists because a large amount of work was done in RockWork to support different OSes and the v3 version of the Pebble firmware, which was released with the Pebble Time and is now available for earlier models.

Rockpool does a few things that Pebbled and even RockWork do not; most notably pushing pins from your calendar to Pebble's timeline (doesn't need Rebble), dismissing or replying to notifications on the phone from the watch, and supporting the full Music protocol including the track progress bar.

Please feel welcome to contribute on GitHub, either by filing issues or chipping in. Please contribute to translating Rockpool to other language here: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/.../translations/

Latest version: 1.9-2
  • I finally got admin access to the Weblate repository, so there are lots of translations merged.
  • Reverted back to QtWebKit for the app settings pages. Sometimes crashed after you submit the data, but at least your watchfaces and apps get configured now.

Last edited by abranson; 2019-09-24 at 16:32.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I've tried Football Pal app, and it didn't work:
https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/app..._settings=true
The scores wont be updated
I'll try some more watch apps

Last edited by HtheB; 2016-03-04 at 11:06.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I've tried Football Pal app, and it didn't work:
https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/app..._settings=true
The scores wont be updated
I'll try some more watch apps
Ah there are two things that don't work:
  1. Timeline integration through pebble.com. This is awaiting implementation in RockWork's libpebble. It looks like they'll have to support the timeline pin's JSON format for that too.
  2. WebSockets - This is implemented in RockWork, but using the Qt WebSockets implementation that was introduced in Qt5.3. Sailfish is on Qt5.2 I've had to preprocess all of that out, else it won't build.

I'd like to get onto the first one as soon as we're integrated into RockWork, although if it gets done in the meantime I can pull it over. The second one, no idea!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's an external WebSockets implementation that might help:
https://github.com/fanout/zurl/blob/master/README.md

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
I've been using this since yesterday, and it is working really well for me. Thank you again for the time you've spent working on this, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I particularly like that you can open/dismiss messages on the phone from the watch, very convenient for getting rid of the notification LED.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Yeah the actions are cool and were really simple to do. I don't think the other plain 'dismiss' option works yet until I do as RobertMe suggested and integrate Javispedro's notification monitor that can pick up the notification ids after they've been sent. Then it'll be able to remove notifs from the watch when you dismiss them on the phone too. I think there's also potential to add extra actions - the Jolla apps give one to open the message and another to just open the app. There's a lot of potential in here.

Really I'm just stalling the QML as long as possible. If anyone fancies a shot at it...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
My Pebble Steel is still on firmware v2.9. Is firmware update supported? Or is the Android way currently the only way?

QML is great tho, it's the nicest way of doing GUI-stuff I know. Not that I know much. But still, it was the first time I actually enjoyed making a GUI. I'm not much help here tho, as I'm procrastinating my own little QML project for over a year now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
My Pebble Steel is still on firmware v2.9. Is firmware update supported? Or is the Android way currently the only way?
I don't know whether it's possible to use the FW upgrade on rockpool yet, but my PTS is on 3.6.1, which I upgraded using Pebbled, so you don't need an Android device to upgrade.

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I don't know whether it's possible to use the FW upgrade on rockpool yet, but my PTS is on 3.6.1, which I upgraded using Pebbled, so you don't need an Android device to upgrade.
Pebbled doesn't check for 3.8 upgrade firmware, which is the one that upgrades Pebble classics to v3. It has to flash twice too because there's an intermediate firmware to flash on the way.

The Rockpool daemon can flash, you'll see the new firmware available message in the logs. It can probably be triggered through DBus, but I wouldn't recommend it until it's tested.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
I've just pushed a new version to Openrepos. This one can track notifications and close them from the watch, thanks once again to javispedro's libwatchfish. And it has a new icon on the non-functional app launcher thanks to Greg!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch