Notices

Originally Posted by rapante View Post
yes, you can install it via console (get the rootsh app first)

yes you will see an icon in the apps(more) menu and you will be able to place it onto the desktop like every other app

but just to be clear, you won't be able to save or do anything that requires proper key mapping as there is no built that fully supports the n900 yet!

hope that helps
Hi that's wonderful help, thanks. Shame about the saving and key mapping, but most games are "point-and-click" surely? so the key mappings aren't that important?

Any ideas when a "proper" N900 version will be out? Or is just a case of it'll be done when it's done?

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Maybe the proximity sensor can be used for a right click modifier?
This is a great idea! That sensor is in perfect place and easy to operate for this purpose! The right clicking is quite critical, in Broken Sword you miss some of the feel because you cannot actually just look at the objects.

There is another problem concerning Broken Sword 1. The inventory bar opens in top of the screen. Even when playing in full screen mode and trying to handle the first object in inventory bar, the N900 application menu is triggered although it is not visible on screen.

One more thing is that there is no working escape-button in ScummVM. It would be nice to be able to skip the intro movies and whatever is skippable.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by kimtuomi View Post
This is a great idea! That sensor is in perfect place and easy to operate for this purpose!
Well, the sensor already have a purpose. By covering it you will change display brightness. I'm fine with it (as I will disable this feature anyway) but it is too hackish. Could be extra tool outside of scummvm similar to camera button hack.

EDIT: oh, maybe proximity sensor is different from ambient light sensor? Then it would make sense indeed.

Originally Posted by kimtuomi View Post
There is another problem concerning Broken Sword 1. The inventory bar opens in top of the screen. Even when playing in full screen mode and trying to handle the first object in inventory bar, the N900 application menu is triggered although it is not visible on screen.
Yes, that's indeed quite bad and I fear there is no easy way to disable it. Maybe screen should be aligned to right to avoid it but it will look strange. Could be solved by filling the space on the left with some sort of virtual keyboard :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2009-12-09 at 12:04.

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
? Or is just a case of it'll be done when it's done?
Yes, exactly. I hope I will have some first version fully usable on N900 by the end of this week.

BTW, my N900 is currently on the way from Finland to me. Today arrived at DHL facility in Czech Republic so I will have it today or tomorrrow :-) Woohoo!

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Yes, exactly. I hope I will have some first version fully usable on N900 by the end of this week.

BTW, my N900 is currently on the way from Finland to me. Today arrived at DHL facility in Czech Republic so I will have it today or tomorrrow :-) Woohoo!
congratulations to a new proud owner and thanks for putting in the effort to get us our beloved scummvm

Well, the sensor already have a purpose. By covering it you will change display brightness. I'm fine with it (as I will disable this feature anyway) but it is too hackish. Could be extra tool outside of scummvm similar to camera button hack.
Yeah, forgot to mention; it would be nice to have ScummVM disable screen saver / screen dimming when it is running (or, when it is executing a game).

Can someone tell me how to apply the diff patch please?

EDIT: oh, maybe proximity sensor is different from ambient light sensor? Then it would make sense indeed.
They are quite different. See manual for more details on the proximity sensor
And maybe this thread (and/or it's creator) can give you some more pointers on where to start
I'd like to help more, but, well, i'm not that good

The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andygt View Post
Can someone tell me how to apply the diff patch please?
You mean you want to recompile it from source? I am not sure what you want since I think those who are able to install SDK and recompile it should have no problem with applying a patch. Anyway It is patch -p1 <path/to/patchfile when run from toplevel scummvm source directory, patch is inside backend/platform/maemo/ (typing from memory). It is also described in the README in toplevel directory.

BTW, got the device yesterday and getting familiar with it now. Everything works fine so far, I'm happy I haven't got a lemon.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Regarding the proximity sensor: how the right button modifier is done? (Sorry, I didn't dig through the whole thread )

The question is, if this can be done externally (i.e. proximity sensor daemon sending an event/emulating a key press) or does this require changes in the application?

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me