Active Topics

Notices

Agree. I try fixing it in the next version.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Update: Fix added to git version.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Any chance to incorporate youtube-dl (http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/) as failback, quite a lot of videos fail to download, in all cases youtube-dl saves the day (maybe extra option like in lls video player, dl with curl/dl with youtube-dl?)

Thank you, I love the UI more than SailfishOS browser, and it has also scrolling arrows.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
The Webcat is good, but next you should look this and add more. I think UI is almost ready. (http://html5test.com)

Left: Jolla browser
Right: Webcat

The Webcat is good, but next you should look this and add more. I think UI is almost ready.
I know and test those values also.
Interestingly enough they got worse due to the updates of the webkit engine by Jolla.
So the browser depends on the qt5 version and its qtwebkit version shipped with SailfishOS.
I hope that a qt5 update will bring in better support but effetively qtwebkit development is on standby and only fixes are coming in as they are switching to chromiums blink engine with qtwebengine in future releases. HTML5 Audio & Video was disabled by jolla as they weren't working really (which to the extend I understand it is a problem that there is/was no gstreamer integration which is the default media processing engine on Sailfish)
So I can't promise or do anything in that regard besides waiting and then porting to qtwebengine when it is available.

Any chance to incorporate youtube-dl (http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/) as failback, quite a lot of videos fail to download, in all cases youtube-dl saves the day (maybe extra option like in lls video player, dl with curl/dl with youtube-dl?)
Youtube-dl does the same thing as Webcat do basically to get the video information and to download it.
My guess is that the qt libraries I use for the download manager are creating the problems. Therefor I integrated curl downloading.
But I am not so sure myself yet.
I am still investigating and I want to keep the dependencies minimal (which means no youtube-dl for now)
I rather like fixing my own code before I incorporate any other

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-07-24 at 11:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Update: New version 0.9.7 is out now.

Changes:
  • Added verticalscrolldecorator to webview
  • Added verticalScrolldecorator to settingsview
  • Modified tabCloseMsg to be better readable
  • Added hold and swipe up to open new window and private window in bookmarksview
  • Show main domain first in suggestion box
  • Added page search functionality

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
thanks for the update. I cant find "Added page search functionality"

The search icon/button appears when you click in the adressbar (normally were the http://www.examplesurl.com is located) This inputbox is used as inputbox for searches when you press the search icon on the left if the inputbox is in focus.
I am not sure if this UI behavior will stay. It is just a quick and dirty implementation for now

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
yeah its better to put in the other holding menü AND show a button after you push the text search or mark all word whats findet.

Tags
browser, webbrowser