Active Topics

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
I also noticed that Jolla booted itself when inserting battery < 20%, and i was not able to get in recovery mode.
With fresh battery i managed to get in recovery console.
(was in bootloop due failed update)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
I also noticed that Jolla booted itself when inserting battery < 20%, and i was not able to get in recovery mode.
With fresh battery i managed to get in recovery console.
(was in bootloop due failed update)
yes, Jolla could have avoided my drama, had they offered (even purchase) a new battery,

I do really hope that will come to store ASAP.

Until then, I recommend that charger. It is cheap and shipping from that supplier went painless - shipping within 1 day from my order was placed, faster to the edge than Jolla arranging a pickup (which I then didnt have to use)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
any news of porting Sailfish to N9?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
??
Sailfish is running on my N9 months
check

wiki.maemo.org/Sailfish

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
as for more recent versions, NO as is, kernel needs a major update, which work is a bit stalled.
I hope progress will be made, but it seems less likely to happen at the moment.
Since a lot of binary blobs (no source code) is preventing all drivers etc from working on a 3.x kernel.
Still, depending on the devs, it is possible. But it is hard work trying to get a 3.x kernel fully functional as these sources are missing, and at best work can be "stolen" from eg (sorry) Android, where more recent binaries may be successfully grabbed.
Why then. do I consider this likely to not happen?
Well, allthough binaries for other platforms may exist, some dependencies needs to be solved -which solely can be solced by reversing some Nokia propriatary code (which again may cause legal issues)
So, My humble opinion. It aint gonna happen anytime soon.
But, I hope we will end up with a CSSU style firmware for N9, Sailfish, or Harmattan, or, even better, something completely different, Which is also why I decided to sponsor a N9 and N900.

Tags
failfish, not unlike