Originally Posted by adilbaiya View Post
Thnx a lot "HHMAH". It resolved my issue. Thnx God that I'd backup.
Was my post of any help?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Islamabad
Originally Posted by tim_de_wolf View Post
Was my post of any help?
Thnx for u too as you responded very nicely by guiding me towards the real solution of my problem but as I'd told u earlier that m just a beginner so according to another suggestion, I run a saved backup then restore the settings and at last this resolved my issue.

Thnx for u too as you responded very nicely by guiding me towards the real solution of my problem but as I'd told u earlier that m just a beginner so according to another suggestion, I run a saved backup then restore the settings and at last this resolved my issue.
Alright, thats fine then. I can advice you to try out my suggestion as well. You won't lose any data, and the learning process (using xterm) is seriously worth the effort. Xterm gives you so much more usefull things to do with the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to tim_de_wolf For This Useful Post:
Alright, thats fine then. I can advice you to try out my suggestion as well. You won't lose any data, and the learning process (using xterm) is seriously worth the effort. Xterm gives you so much more usefull things to do with the n900.
Thnx once again frnd Yup agree with u... Ohk I'll try (Inshallah) and wil disturb you if required for further assistance.
Should I enter these commands as it as and have to press enter after every command?

Thnx once again frnd Yup agree with u... Ohk I'll try (Inshallah) and wil disturb you if required for further assistance.
Should I enter these commands as it as and have to press enter after every command?
Yes thats about it. Just open X terminal, make sure you're first command to enter is "sudo gainroot", as this allows you to be "super user" of the phone. To become this, you have to download rootsh via application manager, without it you cant become "root".

Just enter the codes and press enter 1 by 1.

Feel free to post any further questions

I've had similar issues too. I now for example have the problem that it takes a hell long time to "load" the conversation. For example, you open conversation, see ur Friends name with the latest txt message: blablabla, I click on it and it takes forever to load the messages, the screen where they should be stays black...

I have a (possible) solution though:

First gain root access:
sudo gainroot

..then switch to the target directory:
cd .rtcom-eventlogger

Now dump the contents of the existing database to a raw SQL file:
sqlite3 el-v1.db .dump > el-v1.db.sql

Restore the SQL to a new database:
sqlite3 el-v1.db.new < el-v1.db.sql

You may ignore SQL errors at this stage; they occur due to corruption in the source.

Now overwrite the broken DB (you may wish to back up the original file):
cp el-v1.db.new el-v1.db

Finally, ensure that the file is owned by 'user' and is in the 'users' group so it may be read by Conversations
chown user el-v1.db
chgrp users el-v1.db

Now close and re-open your Conversations app - the changes should be immediate!

You won't lose data. I hope this helps.
Thanks! It solved my problem!

Originally Posted by Socim View Post
Thanks! It solved my problem!
It solved my problem too back then, but it was only temporary, every now and then I re-do this process because somehow the problem persists over time..

I have no idea why, but since it only costs a few minutes, i really don't care.

No problem btw, always glad to help

Yes thats about it. Just open X terminal, make sure you're first command to enter is "sudo gainroot", .......................
Feel free to post any further questions
Dear! m facing that problem once again now this time, restoring z not resolving that issue.... There z an issue with the conversation with just one contact. all other conversations are correctly occurring. I tried your suggested code in x terminal as it is, as you advised, but i don't know y, it's not resolving

i as well having the same problem as you now.. i even tried to use the method posted by tim de wolf but it not work on my phone..
is there anyone here know the solution? please guys i need your help..

Last edited by marqui01; 2012-01-07 at 22:29.