Active Topics

Notices

Sorry, same problem as with beta 10, won't install. Two libraries missing now (thusly improved 50% from beta 10):

libfreetype6 >=2.3.5
libssl0.9.8 >=0.9.8e-1

So what do I do?

Last edited by directore; 2009-02-08 at 17:55.

Does beta11 support OS2007@N800?

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hello!

Long time no see.

This is the final release, after that we will remove beta status, and open source the whole code (in max 3 weeks!)
really? GPL? On the whole thing?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by lfelipe View Post
Hi,

could you please tell me which tablet and which OS version you're using ? You're most likely missing the /etc/osso_software_version file, which probably got erased somehow, and canola2-cleanup uses it in order to figure out which platform you're running.
This was in response to:

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Hi, Handful!

I installed the new Canola2. I clicked the icon in Extras, and a little window opened for a moment that said "Canola loading," but nothing more happened.

Then I tried to run Canola cleanup, but it reports, "###ERROR: Unsupported platform, please report."

@ lfelipe or handful:

I got Canola2 Beta11 working by uninstalling every Canola-related plug-in and theme and then re-installing from scratch. BUT, I'm curious about /etc/osso_software_version. emelFM2 reports that I have a file by that name, but it has zero bytes and when I open it as text, it's empty. Should it be more than that? How would I get it installed properly? (It's not in the gronmayer repositories.)

Also, I tried
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked
and XTerm responded, after Building dependency tree and Reading state information,

Code:
E: Couldn't find package osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked

Thanks!

I've answered my own question here.

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-02-09 at 18:02.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Does beta11 support OS2007@N800?
No, 2008 is the only one supported officially :/ Sorry we barely have people to do the improvements it needs to be done, so we need to cut somethings.

polossatik :

Yes finally! It took me and the guys a lot of time to convince the managers that there's nothing to lose releasing it so I got a go last week and tha'ts our goal now! Repositories, etc everythign available for you, as well a couple of design solutions that were not implemented, like :
Fm radio ui design, youtube comments, Video clip and lyrics, search ui, browser, and a lot more

Br

MArcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Very nice! I look forward to it. You guys certainly are amazing.

I have been having an issue with Canola recognizing some composer tags as genre. Today I decided to delete the composer field. Canola now does not list those songs under those bogus genres, but it still lists all of those genres. Even after I refreshed the file list. Is there a way to get rid of empty genres?

Also I read that there was now a home screen applet,but I don't see it in my applet list. How do I get it to show up?

I saw the option 'use alternate thumb screen' in the general opttions, but could not figure out what it did. I enabled it,but didn't see where the change was.

Thanks,
hal

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Philadelphia
I am extremely confused. I went to the 'extras' tab on my Nokia n810 and see nothing labeled 'devel.' Where are you people finding this beta?

Hello Experts,

I am still on beta 9. Is it neccessary for me to uninstall it before go on to the beta 11?
Mine is N800 running Diablo.

Thanks

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
Cover arts are not working for me . Here is what I have done

1. Uninstalled Canola2 beta 10 and all plugins
2. Run Canola cleanup
3. Disable all repositories except Extras-Devel
4. Download and install Canola2 beta 11
5. Download and install Canola Tuning Plugin 0.2.1-maemo1

When I click on one of the cover art options , I get the following ( in the terminal window when doing a 'canola -vvv' ) .

ERROR ui:98:use() unknown object type 'RowSourceModel' ( expected Model or Controller )

There is no response to pushing the button inside the application
The version of Canola2-Tuning-Plugin you installed is old and does not work with Canola2 beta11. The version for Canola2b11 is 0.2.2-maemo1.