Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by avinashsonee View Post
try this. open 4-5 programs and then click "ctrl + backspace".

now click either "shift + 1", "shift + 2" etc. or "blue arrow + 1", "blue arrow + 2" etc and see what happens.
A warning would be nice next time. Now I've closed my Audiobook by accident and I don't know where it stopped.
Please apologize yourself and Vote for this Bug: 1129

Hmm... I hope Panucci get more stable in the future...

Just to make it clear: it is not shift+1, shift+2, but shift+q, shift+w, etc. If you want to close the windows that are displayed in the second row, use shift+a, shift+s, etc.

You also don't have to press shift and q at the same time, you can press only shift (or fn), and then press q, and the window will be closed. A cog wheel appears on the upper right corner to tell you that pressing q will not switch to a window, but will close it instead.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
It seems I have lost this alt-tab-like behaviour even though I used:

gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/ctrl_backspace_in_tasknav -t int 3
Could it be because of the firmware upgrade? Do I need to install the modified hildon-desktop again? When I click the install link, application manager says it is already installed.

The easiest way to test if modified-hildon-desktop is active is by checking if left/right arrows switch desktops in the home screen, as this feature is not configurable.

I don't think an update might have caused problems, since PR1.1.1 did not update the hildon-desktop package, and modified-hildon-desktop could not be installed prior to PR1.1.

Setting ctrl_backspace_in_tasknav to 3 does not give you alt-tab like behaviour. See description of the possible values here:
http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/repo/Mo...n_Desktop.html

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

left/right arrows are working in the home screen. Setting ctrl_backspace_in_tasknav to 3, but the behavior is that I get the most recent window open, not the second most.

Modes 3 and 4 for ctrl_backspace_in_tasknav were broken when I introduced mode 5 (I changed the order of sort from older first to newer first, but forgot that it affects modes 3 and 4 as well). It should be fixed in version 1.12, which is now in my repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
@Matan: fixed it perfectly, thanks.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio
Can we add ctrl+w to browser? To close current window and choose for example previous one?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tesno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
This is now implemented: Install modified-hildon-desktop from here. Run in X-Term the command
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/ctrl_backspace_in_tasknav -t int 3
See here for more options of this program.
So, PR1.2 is out and the modified hildon desktop gone. Matan, are you at that?

It would be nice to have option no 3 again.

I don't know what they changed in the new version. So I'm aware of installing a hildon desktop with the old code as base.

modified-hildon-desktop_2.0 (in my repository) works for me in PR1.2. Discussion here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53651

Depending on your upgrade process, you might need to reinstall it.