Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
This should be the final version...
Dear Nokia,
we belong to a strange kind of people, the costumers who bought a Nokia N9. This is a very unlucky smartphone: few updates, few apps and tiny support. But there is a great community beside it, people that decided to buy it anyway despite its destiny was already known because it IS a great and a simply innovative smartphone. Anyway, it has still a few issues: the battery level suddenly drops to 4% when battery is stressed or randomly changes after reboot, sms bugs, the calendar sync or the missing copy/paste in mail... Lots of issues were already reported to the bug tracker. Now, these are simple but annoying bugs and what we request is a bug fixing, which we think is due also because support was promised until 2015. Everyone here is aware of the decision to focus on Windows Phone but please Nokia, don't forget about us and above all don't forget that we are largely loyal customers that believed in you also in the darkest days of your history. Making us happy giving us finally a fully reliable product is not a big effort for you.
Regards,

your "stubborn" N9 owners

For example some bugs are:
- battery drop http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1144
- sms bug http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=113
Any suggestion?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
i don't have these two bugs...
sms always ok, battery drain fast but not sudenly.

we can't synchonize group in contact, calendar reminder alarm two days before we forgot it, twitter app that just suck because of cache. Rss feed updating in loop, 3g get stuck in blue with no connection.
I will not list everything, but i will not tell my friend to buy a N9, even if it's cheap. We have a beta phone, nokia don't care about us, but we knew that !
My only hope is a cssu, but who gonna do that ?

The Following User Says Thank You to turbovomit For This Useful Post:
Please add this calendar bug in the list.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ferrerid=49392

Thanks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
And please fix the "costumers"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D.Cent For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
And please fix the "costumers"
Done in the first post... I didn't remember that I wrote it two times XD

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
Please add this calendar bug in the list.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ferrerid=49392

Thanks
ok, do you know if this was also reported in the bug tracker so we can add something "official"?

I doubt that is a bug. I think it's rather intentional behaviour to show you only what coming up over a limited period of time because if your really have a *lot* of entries the amount of scrolling needed will make that view pointless (notice that apparent intentional lack of transparent scrolling directory on the right screen-side). It might also be a performance issue. It's way faster to look up any dates via monthly calendar view. Howeber the current behaviour would have my vote for enhancements like settable period of time, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
ok, do you know if this was also reported in the bug tracker so we can add something "official"?
I've searched in bug tracker but found nothing. The bug appeared after when bug tracker was closed (after PR 1.3). Nokia Care flashed my device before they changed the screen. The calender app has this bug after I've restored the backup from Nokia Suite. Flashing again didn't solve.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Dear Nokia,
we belong to a strange kind of people, the costumers who bought a Nokia N9 [...] But there is a great community beside it...
We who? Are you writting a open letter to Nokia in the name of all the Community? We used to have a Community Council for stuff like that, related to communication with Nokia and so. So please don't talk in the name of all the Community / N9 owners. It's not my thoughts, and I don't feel represented.

PD: Again, don't sign the letter like that, "stubborn" N9 owner.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
We who? Are you writting a open letter to Nokia in the name of all the Community? We used to have a Community Council for stuff like that, related to communication with Nokia and so. So please don't talk in the name of all the Community / N9 owners. It's not my thoughts, and I don't feel represented.

PD: Again, don't sign the letter like that, "stubborn" N9 owner.
The intent is to make a petition on change,org, so "we" is everyone who subscribes to this. I talked about the community just to remember who reads that there are lots of active users and developers who still work on the N9, so it's not intended to be an official letter from the community. Please notice that I didn't start any petition yet, I just posted a concept here to be discussed and of course corrected and integrated.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:

Tags
donteventryto, nokia n9, sh1ts given: 0, sigs: 3000, wontfix