Notices

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Birmingham England
Hi guys, for the past few weeks I've been getting the message that the Tor I was using needs an update & is obselete, but then yesterday it stopped working altogether & I get this:

So now it just hangs there connecting but never does.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rokafellaskank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
I just checked on my n900 and tor gives the obsolete warning but then connects. So something must have changed in your config OR you have something in it that conflicts with a change to the tor system. The last is speculative ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
It would be nice if someone would update tor in our repos. Some days ago there was talk about this on irc but nothing happened so far...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Damn, I haven't installed any new apps on my n900 for ages, was weird how it just stopped working.
Thanks tho bud.

It's ok, I've done it. I uninstalled it & cleaned up the remnants that where left over with cute explorer then reinstalled.
Problem solved.

Can I upgrade to the later version from https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/? Can i just untar/tar the file? Should I uninstall this version first?

Because I kept getting the the message in the log that says "Please upgrade! This version of Tor (0.2.2.35) is obsolete, according to directory authorities. Recommended versions are: 0.2.2.39, 0.2.3.24-rc, 0.2.3.25, 0.2.4.5-alpha, 0.2.4.6-alpha"

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by rohaizad1972 View Post
Can I upgrade to the later version from https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/? Can i just untar/tar the file? Should I uninstall this version first?

Because I kept getting the the message in the log that says "Please upgrade! This version of Tor (0.2.2.35) is obsolete, according to directory authorities. Recommended versions are: 0.2.2.39, 0.2.3.24-rc, 0.2.3.25, 0.2.4.5-alpha, 0.2.4.6-alpha"
A new version has been uploaded to extras-devel. However, there seems to be a trivial dependency error that prevents apt-get from allowing the upgrade. You could probably use dpkg and a force- option to get it done.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, tor tor