Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Is it still possible to get a copy of 0xFFFF-0.3.2.tar.gz (or the tarball for any other stable pre-GUI release of 0xFFFF)?

Alternatively, is it possible to skip over the GUI during a build of 0xFFFF-0.4.0, while leaving the command-line features intact? (Maybe by editing a couple of lines of the Makefile? Sorry, I don't have the technical knowledge to do it confidently on my own.)

A few months ago, I had 0xFFFF running on 770 with 2008HE, but am having no luck now trying to install it on N800 with Diablo. The build gets stuck on the GUI, a feature that I don't need. I just want to be able to use the N800 to flash the 770 by command line, so any stable early version of 0xFFFF should work.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Here it is. Static build, courtesy of querty12 a while ago.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0xFFFF.static.zip (50.3 KB, 248 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Very many thanks for this (and to qwerty, again). Apologies to moderators if I should have been able to find it by longer searching of the forums, without starting a new thread. I had been driving myself (and my wife) crazy on the weekend, trying to find versions of pango, GLIB and gtk+-2.x that would install in N800/Diablo. Main obstacle seems to be the version of grep, not handling long enough lines. Instead, I just had to unzip your link to install 0xFFFF.

Unexpected quirk of Tear browser. The link will not download from Tear, because Tear doesn't like the "?" in the URL. It works from MicroB.

Someone has been working in the Garage recently, to bring gtkaml to Diablo. Might this allow installation of 0xFFFF with GUI?

Last edited by scaler; 2010-07-11 at 10:57. Reason: Removed a paragraph that was based on false information. Rephrased other paragraphs.