Active Topics

When i scroll down pages in Diablo with my cursor keys of my bluetooth keyboard it happens regularly that the browser jumps suddenly back on top of page along the input text boxes or links.

So this is a bad bug.

The browser has two behaviours:

1. Scrolling the page normally with the cursor keys.

2. Jumping along the input text boxes or links, also with the cursor keys.

Both have different aims and because both are active at the same time this leeds to a strange misbehaviour.

It is definatly not fun to browse around with a browser that doesn"t know what to do.

It"s like driving a car by pressing the gas pedal and brake at the same time.

EDIT:

The same happens with the inbuild hardware keyboard of the N810.

Last edited by ***; 2010-07-03 at 14:25.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
I only have an n800, so I just use the onscreen keyboard, but since nobody is going to fix microb (the integrated browser), you could try one of the alternative browsers (tear, opera, firefox) coupled with browser-switchboard to replace the default browser.
Everything should be available either in the extras or extras-devel repositories.

Also, MicroB is designed to scroll up & down when you *hold* up & down on the D-Pad. I'm not sure if the "hold" behavior transfers well over to a BT keyboard, though.

With Tear, a simple up or down will scroll, which is great. But with Tear you have to work around the bugs, including the fact that hitting left too many times in an edit box locks it up. Tap to move the cursor in an edit box.

Opera & Firefox both use swiping to scroll. Scrolling by keyboard doesn't work too well.