Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
First of all.. I'm very calm
All we know is "dual core" and nothing else. As I said before, the Intel offering in the Lenovo is smoking even the octa-spank exynos in the SGS4 on some benchmarks, so I wouldn't jump to any assumptions about what to expect from Jolla.
Also, whilst it makes commercial sense NOW to ride on the back of the many Android application markets, Jolla intends to push a store with native apps. It's entirely feasible that, assuming success of both the handset and OS, dependence on anything Android will be solely for proprietary apps like Skype etc.
We'll all find out before the end of the year....
I do hope that jolla does end up having pleanty of native apps.. All i want is pleanty of power to be able to fall back on android and be able to run some decent android games nicely

oh, on a side note.. The whole octo core thing on the s4 is complete bs.. It only uses 1 processor at a time depending on what is required.. So its more of a selective dual quad core

Last edited by DJJonosound; 2013-06-02 at 08:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
oh, on a side note.. The whole octo core thing on the s4 is complete bs.. It only uses 1 processor at a time depending on what is required.. So its more of a selective dual quad core
WUUT?

This message is o long

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
WUUT?

This message is o long
Stacked - 2 x quad core. 1 x core is lv/lp lower clocked for sleep and low drain function, the other core takes over for serious stuff.
Whole 8 core thing is apple-esque in it's marketing bs..
The n00bs and fanboys swallow this like candy

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
So.. in my case, a lower end CPU and GPU is really going to let the phone down.
Don't sure about that don't compare core linux OS with AndroidDalvikLinuxOS

Atleast Silika apps will run smoother without latest/greatest HW on SailfishOS because Qt probadly is faster than AndroidApps.

Specs is not all,Specs is only for people who are stupid to not see the marketing trickery from the big players. More important is if the core OS is optimized/stable on the CPU:s/GPU:s they use.

I say the same about pixel hysteria on cameras. There are so many megapixels on compactcameras and mobile phone and in same time the sensor is so tiny is so ridicilous. It would be better if those big company, who has money, focused on making better/bigger sensors so they work better in lowlight.

Talk about camera I hope Jolla atleast has as good camera as N9 or even the same

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-02 at 08:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Don't sure about that don't compare core linux OS with AndroidDalvikLinuxOS

Atleast Silika apps will run smoother without latest/greatest HW on SailfishOS because Qt probadly is faster than AndroidApps.

Specs is not all,Specs is only for people who are stupid to not see the marketing trickery from the big players. More important is if the core OS is optimized/stable on the CPU:s/GPU:s they use.

I say the same about pixel hysteria on cameras. There are so many megapixels on compactcameras and mobile phone and in same time the sensor is so tiny is so ridicilous. It would be better if those big company, who has money, focused on making better/bigger sensors so they work better in lowlight.

Talk about camera I hope Jolla atleast has as good camera as N9 or even the same
100%

Camera pictures is not all megepixels. Bigger sensor would be much better in poor light conditions.But lens and how software controls your hardware are also important. No carl zeiss .

The Following User Says Thank You to EyeVisions For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
Stacked - 2 x quad core. 1 x core is lv/lp lower clocked for sleep and low drain function, the other core takes over for serious stuff.
Whole 8 core thing is apple-esque in it's marketing bs..
The n00bs and fanboys swallow this like candy
It's the Big.Little architecture.

4x A15 which are individually 150% and 250% faster than A8s and A9s, respectively.

But they're also powersucking cores, so they're paired with 4x ultra low power A7s which take over when the phone isn't doing very much.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/ARM-C...r-look_id36225